Thought I'd share what I made this weekend.....My area where I grow my sundews and butterworts was getting kind of messy and pots would easily fall over, so I decided to make a bench to hold them all.
This is the "before" area. Yup, messy!
Here is all the pieces being cut and laid out.
I lucked out with buying materials since most of it I found for free. I had a pallet made out of really nice wood so I took that appart, even saved the nails, and reused it to make the bench. Only thing I had to buy were the tubs and four 2x4s.
Final bench put together
Here it is being painted. And another good deal, bought a can of paint for $2 from the reject pile at Home Depot.
Setting it up in its final home. (The top middle is going to be a working table instead of a tub, just haven't figured out how I'm going to attach it yet.
And the bench with all the plants in their new home. Top left is my sundews, top right is the butterworts, bottom left is the Utricularias, middle is some capensis I'm trying to proigate, and bottom right is just miscellaneous stuff.
Tada! All finished. Ahhh so much nicer!