What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Facebook - helpful or waste?

Many of my questions have been answered within the various posts (thank you!). I know I'll have others once (& if) I actually sign up but the one I do have now is: is there a way to segregate your 'friends' into different levels or categories? I suspect that I would want to have a group of close friends & family - with whom I could share stuff and another group of people (like old high school friends) with whom I'd like to keep in touch but not share stuff to the same degree.

Without having ever joined FB, my next comment may be naive ... but I see FB as a potentially useful tool (as many have detailed previously) that some people abuse - similar to texting, cell phones, or TV. Each can be valuable or each can be extremely abused --- the choice is in the hands of the user.... ???

yes, there is. i have quite a few contacts that i've placed on my "acquaintances" list which restricts the amount of info they can see off my profile.

^ read that as "contracts" not contacts...less mob movies for me!

Back