Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Facebook - helpful or waste?

An orchid fancier with a CP problem chibae's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shortbus View Post
    Also I would like to echo the dis-dain a few others have expressed for the "free" games. The barage of requests are rediculous and unnecessary, but more importantly to me, I have watched people close to me spend hundreds of dollars that they do not have on these "free" games. Somebody please burn down Farmville!
    Don't blame facebook for this. There are plenty of free game sites out there which can time/money suck people just as well.

For those who are barraged with game requests form "friends" explain to them that they can create specific friends lists and to put you on the NO NOTIFICATION list. The only two people I am friends with whom I get requests from are my choldren's mothers-in-law. Everyone has tactfully suggested it to them but they just don't want to bother. Since it's only those two, and they are family now, I just ignore the requests.
    It's a tough life being a Sarracenia farmer
    My Grow List http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=123776

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh I don't blame FB for the poor decisions of others chibs. I'm just venting the farmville frustrations. Had I created Fville tho I would be filthy stinkin rich lol.
    And untill the need arises I am gald to be rid of FB.
    My Grow/Want Lists
    -The horticulturalist formerly known as Shortbus-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimscott View Post

There have been at least three 20-ish girls that have friended me, with no message, and when I checked out their profiles, all I can conclude is that their intentions were probably less than honorable. They seem to collect guys.

Then there's 20-something female co-workers that are my friend for awhile but when they leave the company they defriend me. Some just quietly defriend me later on, without any discernible reason.

There have also been a few women that have friended me and a bazillion others, whether they knew us or not. I believe that they are lonely women, based upon listing themselves as single and interested in men.
    Chicks dig CPs.

An orchid fancier with a CP problem chibae's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no FB friends from work except my boss. My company has extremly strict social media rules. my boss and I are friends in the real world as well and we are able to both post to FB without a single mention of work other than a simple "boy I'm tired, was a long week' I wouldn't want to be in the position of watching co-workers, ex co-workers, etc posting things against the workplace rules, which include posting the company name.
    It's a tough life being a Sarracenia farmer
    My Grow List http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=123776

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember being roped into Farmville, Farmtown, Mafia Wars, Cafe World.... and one time the site was asking me for my credit card. I'm like, these are imaginary crops... I decided that I'm removing the APPs for those games and just keeping Scrabble & Words With Friends. I tolerate the constant ads, only because I love Scrabble.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find it interesting to see just how much of a polarizing effect F-book has on a population. It seems that people generally determine (at least in part) its usefulness based on how much of the negative aspects they are willing to tolerate. IE: if you can put up with advertising, erosion of privacy rights, and banal game requests, then you are much more likely to regard F-book as a useful resource. I also find it amusing to watch many F-book fans step up to defend the utility, as if F-book really needed defending! ;-)

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found a lot of long lost friends from grade school, college, former jobs. That alone is worth it to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bahaha! Sometimes I share the hate for FB like some of you, but I refused to close it because…..
    Your momma!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast