Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Foggers & Humidistats

Formerly known as Pineapple Nepenthesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richjam1986 View Post
    I sympathise with your concern for the moss though...
    If it is watered from above frequently enough the moss should still do pretty well, and the moss in trays should stay pretty wet and humid I imagine. You could partially cover the moss trays with syran wrap? You might also consider hosing down the floor of your greenhouse twice a day with normal water from your garden hose. That would probably help a lot if done right before/durring the heat of the day. I always try for the cheapest options first
    The moss in trays isn't as much of an issue since it is basically sitting in water, but I like having live sphag in all of my Nepenthes pots and it dries out if I don't mist it often.

I found the website I mentioned earlier, http://www.mainlandmart.com/foggers.html

Which one do you guys think would be the best for my GH? I can just purchase a timer and modify the timing as the seasons change so that it turns on during the hottest part of the day, that's what I have done with my swamp cooler.

I'm feeling this one...

Item: M005

5 disc mister fogger, indoor/outdoor transformer(120V/24VAC, 8.33A), 32' long cord from transformer to fogger.
    Price: $95.95/set
    Shipping included in USA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Again, not my expertise, but I wonder how well most of those ultrasonic units would humidify a larger space like a greenhouse? I think you'd need a pretty substantial one with high fog output, especially if you'll have the swamp cooler running at the same time (which I assume you will). You might want to ask Mass. I know he uses a fogger for his indoor greenhouse.
    Da' mishu
    Provo, Utah.

My Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...29#post1089429

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richjam1986 View Post
    Again, not my expertise, but I wonder how well most of those ultrasonic units would humidify a larger space like a greenhouse? I think you'd need a pretty substantial one with high fog output, especially if you'll have the swamp cooler running at the same time (which I assume you will). You might want to ask Mass. I know he uses a fogger for his indoor greenhouse.
    Posted in Mass's GH topic. If none of the ones on the website that are priced around $100 work, I'll just give in and not get a fogger. Thanks for the help!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    Posted in Mass's GH topic. If none of the ones on the website that are priced around $100 work, I'll just give in and not get a fogger. Thanks for the help!
    Or build a fountain in your GH, like Lil stinkpot. Get a $20 pump, some tubing and a water reservior, and find something to have the water trickle through. ;-) Whatever your decision, best of luck!
    Da' mishu
    Provo, Utah.

My Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...29#post1089429

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another option is big tubs of water with aquarium heaters in them. Far more effective than airstones, in my experience.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have two hundred , have you considered a misting system , you can place nozzle where you like and get an seconds timer. you can mist several times a day. which will also raise the humidity some
    check out mist king systems.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd kinda like to explore this again. Does anyone have suggestions of a fogger for my 6' x 8' greenhouse around $200 +/- $50? Any other suggestions? I would try a misting system, but it would take a crapload of RO/DI daily...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doesn't the swamp cooler humidify by itself?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast