Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Foggers & Humidistats

Formerly known as Pineapple Nepenthesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundrew View Post
    Doesn't the swamp cooler humidify by itself?
    Nope. If it is 65% humidity in the GH and I turn it on, it goes down to about 50%. Really weird. I know it is filling up with water because I have to refill the supply more than once a week. It does cool off the greenhouse by blowing all of the hot air out though, and may cool a bit with evaporation. The pump is obviously working, I see water being squirted all over the hay stuff lining the intakes on all three sides of the cooler.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well in that case I guess a large pond fogger and a large tub of water is your cheapest option. Or you could get a massive fogging system. Ask Andrew about that.

EDIT: There are certainly cheaper ones, but this is what I'm talking about http://www.amazon.com/Alpine-FG202LR...ds=pond+fogger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well in that case I guess a large pond fogger and a large tub of water is your cheapest option. Or you could get a massive fogging system. Ask Andrew about that.

EDIT: There are certainly cheaper ones, but this is what I'm talking about http://www.amazon.com/Alpine-FG202LR...ds=pond+fogger
    Ooooh, it has lights! That would be fun to play.

These are the same and cheaper... http://www.mainlandmart.com/foggers.html

Just ctrl+f M005 and you'll see the pic...

Item: M005

5 disc mister fogger, indoor/outdoor transformer(120V/24VAC, 8.33A), 32' long cord from transformer to fogger.
    Price: $95.95/set
    Shipping included in USA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly. What I would is buy a five dollar sterilite tub at Wal-Mart, cut a hole in it' duct the fog where you need, and stick the logger in there.big you get a large tub I bet it could hold 50 gallons easily.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly. What I would is buy a five dollar sterilite tub at Wal-Mart, cut a hole in it' duct the fog where you need, and stick the logger in there.big you get a large tub I bet it could hold 50 gallons easily.
    The thing is, it has to be about 1.5" under the surface and no deeper. I have long, flat, clear containers that hold about 15 gallons and they are 7" deep, so the 2.5" fogger plus 1.5" would mean 4" or so of water I could put in there, so about 8 gallons in the reservoir.

Do you think if I put it on the floor of the greenhouse on the bottom that it would raise the humidity for the entire GH? Or maybe I should just do a small container like you suggested and put it right under the swamp cooler so that the humidity gets blown around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would place the container above the swamp cooler so that the mist sinks down and is blown around. If you can only use eight gallons, go for the cheaper ones. A $95, five-membrane system will blow through that in twenty minutes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah! But if the mist got on the sphagnum or in the medium, or on sundews, wouldn't it kill them?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast