Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Foggers & Humidistats

Formerly known as Pineapple Nepenthesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Foggers & Humidistats

So my greenhouse is really jank and it is like 90% humidity at night but 60-70% humidity during the day and then the heater has the nerve to lower the humidity at night so it is like 60-70%... I need a fogger to keep the humidity high at all times. My swamp cooler doesn't humidify like I would like it to either, it actually lowers the humidity from like 60-70% during the day to about 50% or a bit less, but I need it during the summer to keep the GH cool and I'll also need a fogger, so why not get one in the winter for Christmas? I also need to find a humidistat to run that, and it pisses me off because every time I search humidistat I get hygrometers because Google is absurd.

I am trying to humidify a 6' x 8' greenhouse. Already gave my humidity readings currently up there ^ but that is during winter, it will probably be less humid during summer, but still 90% humidity at night. I'm like fogger confused so I have no clue what I need, looking for advice from people with foggers.

So I need to find a fogger and a humidistat, but I have no clue where to start looking and what I need. Budget is $200, and I can go over a bit but $200 is a good goal for both.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot of people have started moving to using large tubs full of water with air stones to humidify. If you put trays underneath all of your benches like the kind of hard plastic storage bins that go under beds, full of water and had an airstone or two in each tub and got an industrial air pump ($60-80) plus $2.50 for each air stone and tubing is cheap at lowes like $.15 a foot. That would probably work for your greenhouse. Idk about the humidstat.
    NCSU's Carnivore Nut
    Original President of the CCPS & Co-Founder
    Mason M.
    My Growlist

Formerly known as Pineapple Nepenthesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does it have a built-in humidistat? I was actually thinking some sort of ultrasonic fogger that you just put in a bucket of water, but not sure if that would work. I remember being linked to a website with a bunch of ultrasonic foggers ranging from $50 to like $200, just little metal discs with cords, and the ones in the $90 range were right for my greenhouse I was told... I can't find the link though, it was like April or May.

Quote Originally Posted by mcmcnair View Post
    A lot of people have started moving to using large tubs full of water with air stones to humidify. If you put trays underneath all of your benches like the kind of hard plastic storage bins that go under beds, full of water and had an airstone or two in each tub and got an industrial air pump ($60-80) plus $2.50 for each air stone and tubing is cheap at lowes like $.15 a foot. That would probably work for your greenhouse. Idk about the humidstat.
    No, there's too much air flow. I have those tubs and tried it before with just standing water but it did nothing, and air stones probably won't help with all the air flow I get in and out of the GH, through little cracks in the door mainly. It would just suck the humidity out like immediately.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well thats your problem, no matter what you do unless you seal the air in your greenhouse nothing will be able to keep the humidity up. put your money into sealing your greenhouse properly and then try a cheap solution like i suggested and I bet you will get your desired results. also the air stones keep the water moving which does help
    NCSU's Carnivore Nut
    Original President of the CCPS & Co-Founder
    Mason M.
    My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.growerssupply.com/farm/su...distats_1.html

I fail to see what the concern is though on the humidity level. Why the obsession with such super high humidity readings?
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Raising the humidity in the summer is going to lower the efficiency of the swamp cooler so you'll get less cooling
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if it is in an effort to keep you sphag from drying out, you may be better off setting up a simple homemade mister system

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast