What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

any must see sights in the ft. myers fla region?

• Thread starter Av8tor1
  • Start date
In the area on business, will have one day to play....
(Friday)
any 1.5hr drive or less recommendations?

Naples is full of great stuff. A zoo, a botanical garden, an exotic pet store. And the swampland parks, of course.

Hey Butch,
Sanibel/Captiva is nice, there is a lighthouse, piers, shelling, etc. The toll is 6 bucks though which is a ripoff if you ask me.

If you like to fish, there is Captain Tony's Fishing Adventures in Ft. Myers. It's not the best fishing charter, but it's cheap and you do catch fish, see dolphins, etc. I would recommend the front of the boat if you can get it. I think it is 60 bucks for a 6 hour charter (20-30 miles out), the downside is you are only 1 of potentially 100 people on that boat so it gets crowded, hence the front of the boat recommendation. Plus you only stay at each fishing spot for about 20-30 minutes before spending another 15 going to the next one. So you are only actually fishing about 1/2 the time. But seeing as how private charters are around 400-900 bucks for 4-8 hours, 60 bucks is steal in my book.

I'm sure there is other cool stuff there, but I usually go to Sanibel or Marco Island and do the family beach vacation thing so don't get a chance to do much other than that.

Hopefully there are some Ft. Myers natives on this site for you.

Yeah I have a condo on Sanibel Island and Dash is right, it's beautiful. But if you want to see some CPs, try giving Bruce Bednar a call to see if you could stop by his place. He's about an hour from the airport.

ummm airboat?

What about an airboat ride in the everglades.... Id really like to do that while here.
That just sounds like me... LOL

Couple hour ride doesnt seem tooooooo awfully expensive, any recommendations on who, what and where?

I prefer an adrenaline rush... (but cheap LOL)

Back