What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ro pph

I recently added a four stage RO filter set to my city water supply and brought the water from 400+ PPM down to 7-10 PPM, is that an acceptable level for the CP collection? I think yes but want to hear from someone in the know. If I use it for drinking will I be starving my body of minerals or does a person get those from a balanced diet anyway?

Sounds good to me. My decade-old poorly-maintained leaky two stage RO unit is still managing 14 PPM. I don't think one needs to go all out for this hobby. I still argue that post-filters are completely useless.

iv been told anything under 50 ppm is acceptable :)

50ppm is a generally accepted level, however I would caution that the drain trays should be emptied and cleaned periodically and the plants should left out in the rain if opossible to flush any salts through. In standing water or pots that aren't periodically flushed salts can build up to dangerous levels over time if left.

cheers
Steve

IMHO,

0.00ppm is not natural nor desirable for Cps....
But it does make for some great sun tea ;)

What ppm is desirable?.... greatly depends on genus/species/substrate/lighting/watering techniques/frequency/etc.

Many people won't like the "lack of taste" RO/RODI water has.... but I find for cooking/Sun Tea/Ice maker/etc etc it is excellent.
I use mine for CP/ Aquarium/kitchen and ultrasonic humidifier use... mine sees rather heavy (daily) usage.

I have a tee and a valve just past the prefilters for instant dechlorinated aquarium use water.
The brine water mght be a great resource of African Cichlid water (depends on ppm of course)

They can provide many more benefits than simply CP use

:)

Last edited:
Back