User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: noob photo lighting question....

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yep, seems so easy in the videos LOLOL

everyone grab your camera and come on over, ill find some pretty little celtic lass with red hair and green eyes....

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, reviewing one of the videos about the target for the digital age (forget us film era dinosaurs): You want to take an exposure of the entire target filling the viewfinder in manual mode. The histogram should have three peaks of the same magnitude with the grey peak towards the center of the histogram.

It probably doesn't matter matrix vs center-weighted as the goal of meter is to average out the entire scene to 18% grey. Matrix metering is mainly so the camera can figure out what type of scene it is - backlit, frontlit against dark background, mostly highlights, faces etc. and apply compensation. It might not matter in manual mode but testing between center weighted and matrix to see if there is a difference would be wise.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    then depending on where the highlights are in the histogram. make adjustments to the shutter speed because I am assuming maintaining a certain aperture will take priority to ensure the happy circles in background..

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yep yep..... my thoughts exactly

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12