Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Import permit

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Success!! APHIS granted my permit! Nothing in the mail just yet. I went back on the site and asked for some labels. Do you think they might send labels with the paperwork in the mail??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have labels to import plant material such as seeds and wht not does plant material include plants themselves since technically that's materil they are sending?

@ pearl I received labels. They send a good amount of them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a general question, if I wanted to send a plant to someone in America, what would they need, and what would I need?

Not really looking to do this any time soon, but I'm curious as to the possibility.
    <Av8tor1> as big as peat is, the bear runs not him

Big Boss, Founder, and Major Cheese of the Canadian Association for the Cultivation of Carnivorous Plants... Ask if you want to join, I'm the only member...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent! I guess I jumped the gun on ordering more. When they speak of an "Express Carrier" such as UPS, and including your account # and so on...can you just have them send on your stuff via USPO, and if so, how do you know how much the postage will be? And how do you get it to them, considering they might send it to a different inspection station than the one on the label - if I understand it correctly. I don't have an account with any carrier. Or am I mistaken in that and that the postage by the sender to my home will cover the trip to the IS and back to my home? That is not the way I am reading it. I have never done this, so a bit green still.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best make some inquiries to whatever your equivalent of the Dept of Agriculture is.

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This page on the Florida Palm and Cycad Society Website gives an almost step-by-step process on importing live plants. You have to make arrangements for someone to repack and ship the plants to the final destination.

http://www.plantapalm.com/vce/conser...APHISCITES.htm

It would seem Palm and Cycad enthusiasts are concerned with importing plants and seeds legally. I can't say that about many CP enthusiasts.

Also contact the USDA and request the circular "Guidance on the Importation of PPQ-regulated articles through Express Carriers Requiring Green and Yellow Labels (PPQ Form 508)"

See also these circulars:

http://www.aphis.usda.gov/plant_heal...-1circular.pdf
    http://www.aphis.usda.gov/plant_heal...-2circular.pdf <-- attn: Peatmoss
    Last edited by Not a Number; 01-22-2013 at 02:43 AM.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Warren! I'll be doing some reading...
    <Av8tor1> as big as peat is, the bear runs not him

Big Boss, Founder, and Major Cheese of the Canadian Association for the Cultivation of Carnivorous Plants... Ask if you want to join, I'm the only member...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got my hard copy in the mail yesterday. No labels were included. Good thing I went back and requested some.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast