Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: found new vid on hole cutting in glass

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

found new vid on hole cutting in glass

cant wait to build my nest terrarium i should be able to do this to make a much larger hole for ventilation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still don't totally understand all of what happened, but it was awesome nonetheless. Good luck and be safe!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When are you going to start making terrariums for the masses? I am in love with the terrarium that you posted a while back.
    Travis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i would consider building for the right trade?
    and something not to to large 4 foot by two foot by 3 feet high max.
    you can find the entire thread on custom build in my threads started from my home page if you like.
    you can do it too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice video find!

Cutting glass is certainly an expensive and nerve wracking task to learn but I'm glad I learned how to do it. I haven't ever tried round holes yet though, but then I also haven't located a place to buy the round hole glass cutter either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hahaha, I don't have the steady hand of a craftsman, i have the shaking hands of a caffeine addict. you should have seen the glass cutting fiasco when i tried to cut glass for the top of my current terrarium. ended up having to use plexi that ended up warping and now doesnt close
    Travis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swords View Post
    Nice video find!

Cutting glass is certainly an expensive and nerve wracking task to learn but I'm glad I learned how to do it. I haven't ever tried round holes yet though, but then I also haven't located a place to buy the round hole glass cutter either.
    i found one like in the video, but it was pretty pricy , im going to look at harbor freight and tools they sometimes have pretty good prices on specialty tools , and the quality is also usuall quite good.http://www.ebay.com/itm/Professional...item2c5ea62dc5

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought a glass cutting blade for my tile wetsaw and thought, this oughta be a breeze. It will cut glass, but it is pretty rough. Got some carbide nibblers for smallish glass tiles, that works well, but almost never gives a straight cut. I have never mastered the score and snap thing. Cool vid, I never would have thought there were so many necessary steps. For building a speaker box I made a cutting guide to mount to my router, a bit similar to the one shown here. Worked like a champ.