Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Family Cat Of 17+ Years Put Down

heatherfeather knows the weather! lil hokie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am very sorry to hear. That is an amazing run. I wish my cat had made it to 14!

Getting There...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's always terrible seeing a loyal friend go, I'm sure you gave it a wonderful house for all its life!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh geez, thats so sad! I can't imagine loosing one of my furry friends. Sorry for your loss.
    ~Michelle (AKA Geva or Jennifer)

Grow/Trade List

Picture Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm terribly sorry for your loss. I know how you feel. I remember when my first cat I had died. I got her as a kitten when I was a small kid and she passed away 6 years ago on Dec 25th.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RIP.

I've had a good few years recognizing all your posts by that kitty. Sounds like he/she? had a good run. My two old ladies are getting old as well... time acts quicker on our pets than on our friends and family, sometimes...
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My condolences. I've certainly been where you are, more times than I care to recall.

Pets are an awesome responsibility, and it is almost inevitable that they will leave this life before us; one of the sad facts of pet ownership. But the years of joyous companionship they brought will linger in your memory forever, something death cannot take from you. Time does not heal all wounds, as much as some would have us believe. But the treasured memories of time spent with companions, be they our own species or otherwise, can heal most any injury of spirit.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Not a Number View Post
    Sorry to hear this. You may want to pick up a copy of "Paw Tracks in the Moonlight" by Denis O'Connor, the true stories of a man and his Maine Coon cat that he rescued as a kitten in a snowstorm. Very moving.
    1/9

I came home from work physically and emotionally drained, more than normal. Lynn said she wanted to talk to me about something... but not now... tomorrow. I hate when she does that! I'm like, what did I do wrong now? She said it's actually potentially good news. I could use some good news right now! This morning she told me about a potential opportunity to obtain a Maine Coon kitten, something we have always wanted. They are normally >$200 apiece and we don't have that at our disposal. She was looking through the classifieds and found an ad for 2 kittens, posted in December. She inquired about that and one kitten has been given away. The second one, we think, is still up for grabs. She is waiting to hear back. Do I dare get my hopes up?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    chin up ,pets mean so much to us,fingers crossed for the kitten

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast