What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oh wow, very nice! I love the wrap around panels in the front for reflection. :D

I did the first live-feeds of the year today, and tried to get some pictures of my favorite species of Drosera's unique adaptation for prey. Here are the marginal tentacles of Drosera burmannii "blocking" the ant from escaping.

DSC02287 by Sundrew, on Flickr

DSC02286 by Sundrew, on Flickr

Oh wow.. That first pic is fantastic Drew! Calendar quality..

Nice definition on the ant!

Awesome pictures, drew! I agree, that first one is amazing.

awesome pictures 8) Drosera burmanii is one of my favorite sundews

cool raff (seriously)!

I would call that lowii x campy red, look at uphwiz's and you'll see what I'm saying, beautiful plant regardless :D also...
daaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnggggggggggg on the raffs. good growing drew

Great looking Nepenthes, really digging the lowii x camp

Update on the lowii x campy!

DSC02334 by Sundrew, on Flickr

DSC02342 by Sundrew, on Flickr

New bellii pitcher. Coffee has made it about 1.5 times bigger than the others.

DSC02347 by Sundrew, on Flickr

It's getting mighty crowded in there. Two new additions will be potted today. Don't mind the sick ventricosa, I kind of forgot to water it when it was on my windowsill...for two weeks :blush: Can you spy the six raffs (one of the new additions will be the seventh!!!)?

DSC02344 by Sundrew, on Flickr

Big ol' LL nep update!

Nepenthes 'Manny Herrera', something a friend gave me. I wasn't too exited about it, but the first pitcher in my care is three times the size of the one it came with a way more colorful. It's really a very pretty plant.

DSC02361 by Sundrew, on Flickr

DSC02362 by Sundrew, on Flickr

N. rafflesiana 'BE99' hanging out in the huge raff pot.

DSC02365 by Sundrew, on Flickr

DSC02367 by Sundrew, on Flickr

The ampullaria basals are getting pretty crowded.

DSC02368 by Sundrew, on Flickr

N. 'King Tiger x ?' is working on its first pitcher in my care.

DSC02369 by Sundrew, on Flickr

N. lowii x campy is darkening nicely. I LOVE this plant.

DSC02371 by Sundrew, on Flickr

Bellii and bicalcarata are hanging out together. Hopefully the bical pitcher is mature this time around.

DSC02373 by Sundrew, on Flickr

And unknown nep cutting died on me. Fortunately when I cut the top off I found this little basal growing out.

DSC02380 by Sundrew, on Flickr

I recently put N. maxima (formerly eymae) in the LL terra, and it is rewarding me with a new pitcher.

DSC02383 by Sundrew, on Flickr

I think I am the only person who has seriously injured a ventricosa in decent conditions. I don't think it is disease though, because the basals are fine. Hopefully the 100% RH will help it recover.

DSC02384 by Sundrew, on Flickr

DSC02386 by Sundrew, on Flickr

Thanks for looking! I'll hopefully do a sundew update later on.

don't let limeslide see that bellii.. he REALLY wants one!

Everything looks great as usual Drew.

Haha thanks mass. It's taken a while, but I've grown to like belii a lot. It adds character to all the big raffs and things in the tank.

Sundew update! Right now everything doesn't look too hot. I'm debating totally redoing my grow setups and changing to terrariums. It's a hassle to continually add water to the trays and I want the dews dewier :)

D. multifida extrema getting tangled up just the way I like it.

DSC02387 by Sundrew, on Flickr

My hoard of experimental capensises. I let them dry out for a month and have just now cared for them enough to make them spring back. Now I'm going to play with watering with tap.

DSC02390 by Sundrew, on Flickr

The capensis tree is coming along nicely as well.

DSC02391 by Sundrew, on Flickr

A new find, D. spatulata 'Ruby Slippers'

DSC02393 by Sundrew, on Flickr

D. scorpioides:

DSC02394 by Sundrew, on Flickr

D. prolifera has shown a significant increase in size since being moved to lower light. I LOVE this species. It is so easy to grow.

DSC02396 by Sundrew, on Flickr

D. montana var. tomentosa flowering again:

DSC02395 by Sundrew, on Flickr

D. montana var. tomentosa getting way bigger in a peat/sand mix:

DSC02398 by Sundrew, on Flickr

D. montana var. tomentosa plantlets getting bigger. Sorry for the awful photo.

DSC02389 by Sundrew, on Flickr

D. x snyderi

DSC02399 by Sundrew, on Flickr

D. burmannii 'Coffee' turning light brown again!

DSC02403 by Sundrew, on Flickr

DSC02401 by Sundrew, on Flickr

It has a ridiculous amount of flowerstalks. It's a miserable seed producer though.

DSC02407 by Sundrew, on Flickr

And lastly, my newest addition, D. tracyi. I think these will be some stars of the collection.

DSC02408 by Sundrew, on Flickr

Thanks for looking!

Very nice Drew. I hope that the tomentosa's will look better soon. Good growing.

Great update, Drew! I have to say, the flower stalks on the burmanii are slightly comical.

NEW RAFF PITCHER :spazz:!!! This one is extra special because I knocked the last pitcher off as it was developing. I've been waiting forever for this.

DSC02431 by Sundrew, on Flickr

the dew collection is coming along! Let me know if you get overrun my montanas, I could fit a few more in over here.
That raff is pretty farout btw..

Back