What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Winter Storm Nemo

here's another cool timelapse:
[video]http://www.weather.com/video/watch-snow-pile-up-34236[/video]

I wasn't aware that this storm had fatalities. Thats terrible.

Hey bio
I'm out in south eastern Massachusetts and got slammed here. Attleboro mass where I'm at got 30.5 inches. Being a landscaper and all I had to go out plowing. I was out for 35 hours straight‚ went home for a 6 hour nap and then had to go back out for another 27 hours. It was "fun"‚ but hey I made a lot of the green because of all of the white.
John

Well hey if you're willing to do it you can make a bunch of cash...you just have to be able to be up that long

Although this is technically winter storm plato, I just wanted to say that we got about three inches of snow last night. It didn't do any real damage to anything that I'm aware of.

We got 5" of snow last night..
dear Weather channel..we didnt call it "winter storm" anything!
we didnt even call it a storm! ;)
It was just some light snow..it had zero impact on anyone..
(IMO this naming thing has gotten way out of hand..)

Scot

We got 5" of snow last night..
dear Weather channel..we didnt call it "winter storm" anything!
we didnt even call it a storm! ;)
It was just some light snow..it had zero impact on anyone..
(IMO this naming thing has gotten way out of hand..)

Scot

Yeah, blowing everything out of proportion is to get ratings. Sad but that's what TV does.

Glad you're OK, Biozest! We got slammed pretty bad here too...lost power friday evening to monday mid afternoon :( All safe and sound here though! The tree tooks quite the beating outside though...and lost a few of my sundew sprouts in the cold temps inside...could have been worse though :) We're getting some freezing temps & nasty wind this week....brrr.
644064_539901279382975_5298847_n.jpg

382194_539906736049096_1968377358_n.jpg

644000_539901366049633_175697631_n.jpg

Back