What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scratching Post, Indeed!

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
My wife bought a scratching post for Sammy:

007_zpsddeea0b4.jpg

Perhaps one day he will actually us it, instead of the chair and the couch and.... NOT!

Seems like a candidate for dog/cat shaming! Funny websites...

HA! I got a post kinda like that with a bunch of rubber nubs on it that the cats are supposed to rub their necks on, they've ignored it for at least 6 months! Yet they still rub their necks on everything else in the house! :lol:

Supposedly scenting the scratching post with catnip or other scents can induce the cat to start using it. Search the internet for more details, but that might be worth a try.

Oh, and cute cat :)

Ha ha! My sister's cats use the scratching posts - mostly. They've destroyed the carpeting on a couple of them which was replaced with sessile rope. They've pretty much destroyed that too.

I love how they pull back their ears and get a demented look on their faces when they are clawing the posts. Obviously an activity they take seriously and derive great pleasure from.

It's an epic showdown between a predator that's not as fierce as it thinks it is and an inanimate object...who will win?

My folks' cats occasionally have to get yelled at or squirted with a water bottle when they scratch where they shouldn't. Then the offending feline would be taken over to the scratching post and its front paws rubbed in a clawing motion against the post. Takes some determination sometimes but the cats generally get the idea. My sis has a cat tree scratching post. Her cats really enjoy it.

yea i have a 6.5 foot tall 4 leveled cat tree with 4 places to sleep and my cat loves it

Supposedly scenting the scratching post with catnip or other scents can induce the cat to start using it. Search the internet for more details, but that might be worth a try.

Oh, and cute cat :)

This is exactly what we are going to do. That and use repellent for the furniture.

Back