Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: mealybugs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, i feel kinda lame asking.for help, i want to get it figured out on my own but i find so much conflicting information it is good to have a place to ask and such

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't feel lame! Thats the whole point of this forums to learn and talk about stuff and to look at other people's plants and

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know, just my nature to feel lame and kinda like a dummy for not catching this sooner, even though I have been growing plants for a couple years I have not come across this problem with pests before

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well i got some of them swabed with alcohol. I can only see them on the oprchid so thats what i am treating first. Also found my neem oil concentrate

Edit: I guess i should probably post a picture of where my plants are set up, since i already attcked the bugs i cant really give you a pic of them, but I felt i should show you where my plants are. One of my neps is pretty big and if it happens to be infected i am not sure who i will treat it.

Last edited by agunn1231; 02-12-2013 at 11:33 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I have problems with insect infestations on my CP's I use an insecticide called Bayer total tree and shrub. It is a systemic insecticide so it kills any insect trying to eat the plant. It lasts in the plant for 12 months but I use two soil drench applications about 4-5 days apart. If you do use it make sure the growing media is on the dry side before applying it and don't irrigate the media for 2 days after application. Hope I helped you somewhat.
    John

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by land_pro View Post
    When I have problems with insect infestations on my CP's I use an insecticide called Bayer total tree and shrub. It is a systemic insecticide so it kills any insect trying to eat the plant. It lasts in the plant for 12 months but I use two soil drench applications about 4-5 days apart. If you do use it make sure the growing media is on the dry side before applying it and don't irrigate the media for 2 days after application. Hope I helped you somewhat.
    John
    Definitely helped me out thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just looked at my Neem oil and it says 1/2 tsp to 1 quart of water... which is the same ratio I said above. I have used up to triple strength with no bad effects on Nepenthes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just giving an update, I havent seen any more on the orchid, but that doesnt mean they rent hiding, I have swabed it all with rubbing alcohol, and have been spraying with neep until i get paid tomorrow and can ge tmy hands on the insecticide. I did see one of my oldest nep, which has been suffering from rust any way since i got it. I immediatly squashed the little bugger when i saw it. And have not seen any more on it, i think that one ended up there because i acidentally knocked it off the orchid the other night. I remember knocking one off and couldnt find it. And so the battle continues, I will keep on attavking and being preventative. I am not sure what steps i should take with the plants that dont seem to have any on them, should i still do the rub down and treatment as if they were infested?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast