What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cheap Tissue Culture

Jen goes into an emetic fit...

Although, people do consume the female reproductive cells as a delicacy. Why the hell not the male's.......

Jen goes into an emetic fit...

Although, people do consume the female reproductive cells as a delicacy. Why the hell not the male's.......

I firmly draw the line at eggiwegs, lomticks of toast, and lovely steakiwegs . . .

A tribute to your rebellious youth BigBella......

That does seem reminiscent of your spring roll chewing....

CWO, a very memorable required reading from high school. Next, you will be telling me to decipher a Rorschach for you...

That does seem reminiscent of your spring roll chewing....

Such a naaaaaasty thing to say; and I was careful to avoid mentioning your emetic tendencies; that, and your extreme Tourette's . . .

Well I should tell you now about that incorrigible ptyalism of yours. Also, a change of gut microflora would not be a bad idea and should take care of that bit of flatulence....

. . . And your soul-shattering halitosis? The excessive drooling was only a prelude to a volcanic bout of emesis; the farting, just for kicks . . .

Last edited:
Jeez. get a room, you two.

Ahhhh, the sweet smell of ketone bodies from my presummer autophagy. I have heard it is a mate attractant in some cultures. Glad to know I am in good company. And I do hope your practice for old age pays off. I head Depends are reliable........

@ Pebes: Preferable a well vented room .......

:lol: I kind of forgot this was my thread...

@BigBella: Did you ever receive my PMs?

The jars remind me of an odd dessert I had in a Asian restaurant -- sort of a pudding made with agar with almond flavoring.

How does the media taste?

that.... Is my crack...

If instigated, yes I will take the bait and digress. For a moment there, it seemed like the everyday conversations I have in lab.

But pardon the slight usurpation of your thread. BigBella appears to be having sayers remorse.....

No it was funny. I don't mind at all.

double post

Last edited:
I'm going to plant some explants today. Does anyone know if TC will work on a root tip emerging from the pot of my N. ampullaria? Also, how do you transfer wet seeds from sterilization into a vessel without having them stick to the forceps/other seeds?

I'm going to plant some explants today. Does anyone know if TC will work on a root tip emerging from the pot of my N. ampullaria? Also, how do you transfer wet seeds from sterilization into a vessel without having them stick to the forceps/other seeds?

Nepenthes explants are extremely difficult to sterilize properly, since an endosymbiotic alga lives within its tissues; and can easily overrun a culture vessel. Lowland species are even more difficult, for that reason.

In terms of transferring seed, I use pouches of filter paper and simply use some forceps to remove them from the wet surface; ans sticking is seldom a problem. Also, innoculating loops are useful and I believe both pokie22 and I offered to send you some, along with standard media . . .

Back