Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Terraforums and ad-blockers

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Terraforums and ad-blockers

I have recently realized that I have been unintentionally blocking the ads when I log onto Terraforums. The problem with that is this forum relies on advertising income to function and blocked ads pay nothing. I am wondering if perhaps I am not the only one doing this by default. I use Adblock Plus and it gets me through the more aggressive advertising sites like Yahoo! without totally losing it but it completely blocks all ads here. I feel Andrew provides a wonderful service by maintaining Tf and making it available free of charge and I am all for his making back some money for his efforts. So I have changed my settings for Adblock and I now allow Tf to show all ads. They are very mild and even interesting here so there's no pain involved. I will even click on them from time to time which also provides for financial support. I probably wouldn't post this but I can't help but wonder if there are others out there doing the same thing I have been doing. If so I ask you to please support Tf and turn off your ad blocking apps for this website. For Adblock Plus it is a simple matter of going into their menu and checking 'Disable on Terraforums.com'.
    - Mark

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good guy greg approves...
    " You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -Inigo Montoya
    +growlist
    +petiolaris drosera going dormant?
    +picture thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've always felt this way about most of the websites I visit. Especially those who have creators which rely on the revenue provided (forums, youtube channels, blogs ect.) I think what I get out of a website is totally worth the minor inconvenience of some ads.
    <Av8tor1> as big as peat is, the bear runs not him

Big Boss, Founder, and Major Cheese of the Canadian Association for the Cultivation of Carnivorous Plants... Ask if you want to join, I'm the only member...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never had an add blocker, but now I feel good every time I load a TF page. Andrew definitely deserves whatever he gets from the adds.

God must have an interesting sense of humor Wesley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It'd be worth noting that most ad-blockers also have a "whitelist" function that disables the ad-blocker for sites of your choosing. That's what i have done with mine. A few sites I visit (legit sites of course) have very intrusive ads and pop-ups that I do not like, but sites like TF that rely on ads for income get whitelisted.
    ~Wes~

My plants are going green to save the environment

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ive only had i happen about 5 times since i joined