What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Word of the day

Ok then, on to a new word: Cleptobiosis – The act of plundering food

Watch your pantries people!

Especially around christmas time...The grinch is coming :mwahaha:
:lol:

hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia is the fear of long words wonder what jerk thought of that one haha:-O

I heard of petrichor through Doctor Who and the last track off of Ne Obliviscaris's latest album (which is amazing).

Here's my word.
Ginglyform- hinge-shaped.

Anatidaephobia is the fear of being watched by a duck!

I'd love to see a video of exposure therapy being done on someone who suffers from this.

peatmoss dont you mean antiduckwatchingyouaphobia

How about regional...

Commonly used here in Appalachia "cattywampus"
Means to be askew or off center...

I used in one day at a meeting with some engineers from Detroit, they loved it.... made me write it down for them.

funny thing is we also have the mythical "Wompas Cat" in Appalachia....

there arnt any strange words in RI but ive got a few questions on bubbler aka drinking fountain
all those questions were from ppl in florida and georgia

Here in New England most people say bubbler. I think that pretty much everywhere else in the entire world people say water fountain...not that those words are particularly interesting. Just thought I would point it out.

*edit*
Me and n. bicalcarata both live in RI. We must have both been writing at the same time. :lol:

also from RI jimmies aka sprinkles that name came from the first maker of sprinkes or if your a crazy person youll think it came from the name jim crow

Adsorb: to gather on a surface in a condensed layer.

Doric word of the day:

Bleeter: to talk without an aim

mobile that base ball pitch was cattywampus

Huggermugger: a secretive person.

Huggermuggery: engaging in secret activities.

How bout some proper spelling?

Colour, flavour, and humour tend to get me in trouble with non-Canucks! Note my use of the Oxford Comma!

How bout some proper spelling?

Colour, flavour, and humour tend to get me in trouble with non-Canucks! Note my use of the Oxford Comma!

Canada uses that spelling? I thought only Britan used that spelling...Interesting...

Yep, still use the British spelling system.

Also use meters and centimetres, and we still have the queen on our coins.

Peatmoss, mind your behaviour, or is that behavior? :)

Back