What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NECPS app

BioZest

zesty.
Hey guys!

For the last several months I have been working with NECPS (The New England Carnivorous Plant Society for those who don't know) to create Meat Eating Plants for the iPad:

Please download it and leave a good review if you have an iPad. The iPhone Version is coming soon.

Special Thanks To:
Jeremiah Harris for pics,
Presto, Vice President of NECPS,
John Philips Jr., President of NECPS,
and members of NECPS who have uploaded pictures to the NECPS photo gallery and facebook page.

Feel free to leave comments, questions, bug reports, cool screenshots, requests for features and whatever else you feel like saying.:p

Good work Ryan. Glad to see it's finally off the ground.

Oh! That is really exciting!

Thanks guys!:-D

Great job Ryan. Can you post some more screenshots for those of us who use Android and can't run it?

Here are a few screenshots:
Screenshot20130112115533_zps171af378.png

Screenshot20130112115546_zps1f53ebf9.png

Screenshot20130112115627_zpse61709b4.png

Screenshot20130112115643_zps4bf731da.png

Heli_zpsd5356d0e.png

The iPhone version of the app is now live! Check it out and let me know what you think!

download it here

Will there be an android version?

No there will not be an android version; at least not anytime soon.

Kudos for the work you've done to bring this app to the community. I have mixed feelings about calling it "Meat Eating Plants", since its a misnomer; insects aren't "meat", and it helps perpetuate the mythology of the hamburger-eating Flytrap. I personally think we can do without contributions to bad mythologies. JMO, of course.

I see where you are coming from with that, but technically CP's do consume meat;

meat |mēt|noun1 the flesh of an animal (esp. a mammal) as food:rabbit meat | [ as modifier ] : meat sandwiches |assorted meats.

although meat usually refers to mammals. The name was meant to be short and simple to attract people at a glance, and in the app I do mention that VFTs can't digest actual (mammalian) meat. Even strictly referring to the meat of a mammal, nepenthes (as you probably know) can, granted very rarely catch and digest mice, rats and other small animals.

Back