User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plants you grew once, but will never grow again....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Plants you grew once, but will never grow again....

Hey TF members! Have you ever grew something and never growing it again or taking a long break from growing it?
    Of course, I'll start

Phalaenopsis Orchids-Yup, that's right those "easy, beginner ones". Tried 5 times with different kinds at different times, they "survived" for a while.... then they declined with yellowing leaves no matter what I do

Cacti Sp.-Those cool tiny ones they sell at Home Depot..... grew it inside, stretched and broke... grew it outside, turned an abnormal deep red, then dehydrated, then died...

Succulent sp.-Same reasons as above(Only ones that survives are euphorbias, right now I have euphorbia milii and adenium obesum)

Plumeria Rubra-Had a white, yellow one and a red, yellow, pink one... pink, yellow, red one died from rot((, and then the yellow, white one died when it dropped off my window sill.... was very depressed when the yellow, white one died((((

After those failures I ended up in Carnivorous Plants(where I'm pretty successful)..... leading me to TF

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bulbophyllum beccarii, I loved this thing but I sold my old huge one when I moved in with my dad when he was dying and AFAIK there is no source for it shipping to the US anymore now that I'm on my own and have plants again.

Central Kentucky, United States of America
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blueberry bushes. I've planted at least 7 bushes and have had only one survive and thrive for more than two years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oriental lilies!

thanks to that invasive species i call the lily beetle.... they are evil creatures

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drosera binata ! Wtf is that medusa hair. Stuck on everything, spreading everywhere! Never again!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maiden View Post
    Drosera binata ! Wtf is that medusa hair. Stuck on everything, spreading everywhere! Never again!

LMAOOOOOOO So true. I want to grow the multifida extrema vagain which is even worse, BUT i keep it in a pot and keep it trimmed so only the newest leaves are on it. if you let it get out of hand it starts to tangle new and old dead leaves and make a bush of slimy mess. but you can cut it down to nothign and itll come back fromthe crown

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Myles I did great with oriental lilies, so well I got bored with them. We must not have that critter in these parts. Gonna attempt sarrs in that tub this year and see what happens...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    African violets... my mom grows them to perfection.. but I can't keep them alive for the life of me, they either rot or dessicate. Same goes for arid loving cacti, I can't seem to get the watering/light right. Oh, and slipper orchids, both paphs and phrags... technically, they have similar prefferences as neps, bit I can't seem to get the watering right, they always either rot ot dry out too much.
    Some days it just isn't worth chewing thru the restraints.

My growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...255#post961255

Video of my birth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xc5wIpUenQ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast