Hey just wonderin' if any of you microwave or do anything special to your peat to kill algae, bacterium, and fungii? I microwaved some a month or two ago and cyanobacteria and algae still grew and ruined a tray of seedlings. I thought I nuked it pretty good. As always, I "wash" my peat and perlite several times before use in R/O and/or distilled.
Has anyone ever boiled their peat, LFS, and/or perlite with any success? I was hoping to get a few versions of recipes or any tips I can use to combat the rogue life-forms in my growing media. I would post pics, but I'm sure most of you have seen it all before and it is too painful of a loss anyway.