What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best high school memory

• Thread starter Morpheus
  • Start date

Morpheus

CP Newbie
Today an event happened that I will remember for the rest of my life. My high school just won the Kentucky State Championship Basketball Tournament for the first time in school history. This event has also made me want to hear about other people's favorite/best high school memories. I'd love to hear about some of y'alls favorite high school memories!

i cant mention my best high school memory here :lol:

Lol me neither.. Thats awesome though morpheus. I hated high school and left when I was a sophmore. But that period in my life was pretty fun for the most part. Best memories were wandering around Boston at night getting into trouble for sure!

My best memory of HS was the day I dropped out.. sweet relief! (I did get my GED later on with points to spare)

For me, highschool = meh..
nothing bad happened, but nothing great either..it was pretty boring and pointless.

IMO, the only purpose of highschool is to get good grades so you can go to college! ;)
all the "social" aspects of highschool are meaningless..
college blows highschool away..SO much cooler!
Basically my life began when I went to college..
all the petty B.S. from highschool disappears, and college life is just a million times better than highschool.
I would never want to "go back" to highschool..but I wish I could have stayed in college for 10 years! ;)
its a charmed life..enjoy it while you can!

Scot

Winning the New york state regional Envirothon competition.

graduation , school was 12 years of torture.

Best high school memory -- one word, Tami . . .

Dear God!

;)

I haven't been to high school yet. Just wanted to acknowledge David's post lol

Graduating. Couldn't wait to get away from all of the abuse I put up with.

Currently a senior. High school's been treating me great, lotsa memories... Winning league with my Varsity baseball team a couple years ago was sick. And prom last year was hella fun... I'm definitely gonna miss HS.

Still in high school.. its kinda meh but oh god middle school was awful.

But high school is so fun! :awesome:

I dunno, I guess the experience and enjoyment depends on the kind of school you got to but I love mine. Our varisity football team won the state championship after starting out 1-3. Pretty good memory. ;)

Myles, this sounds weird but I'm not gonna lie, you made my week with that comment.
East_to_west, Exo, Scottychaos, upwiz, and wire man, I understand why you all hated it. I hate my school 90% of the time. I can't wait to graduate.
Rrball, I have no clue what that is but it sounds awesome and sciencey!
Heli, do you guys have to take a lot of standardized tests where you live? I know where I live we take like five of them and they suck.
That One Guy, wow that's awesome! That's definitely a Cinderella story. I hope my football team can do that next year but its not looking like its going to happen.

No no not the tests.... I went to a school with a bunch of rich sociopathic idiots who have no sympathy for others.

Aw man that's even worse. Luckily I don't have many people like that in my school. We have a lot of wannabe rednecks and wannabe gangsters. It's like a 35-35% split where one one part of is redneck and the other is gangster while the remaining people are nerds/dorks, jocks, and stoners.

Yeah we took tons of standardized tests at my school. Brookline high was rated in the top 5 public schools nation wide. There were a lot of cool aspects with it. It was very diverse so that was cool. I had tons of friends in every group. There wasn't really nerds and popular kids. I was a nerd and kicked it with the kids that were super nerdy. I played warhammer and video games and did all the nerd stuff, but at the same time we all hung out with what would have been the "cool kids". I had parties in my basement every few weeks and half my grade would show up. It was a pretty tight nit group of kids who all got along for the most part. We were also called the "druggie school" I guess for good reason lol. But I won't get into that here... I just played a lot of music but I hated my headmaster and the way he treated people that weren't "going to harvard". I was one of those people who was smart but hated school so much I didn't do well. I dropped out as a sophmore and after going to hippie school for a year I decided to get my Good Enough Degree= GED. I cursed out the head master pretty good when I left and did something I won't mention on his lawn. Overall the school aspect sucked but the social aspect was awesome and am still great friends with most of the people I went to school with. It's funny you said there were wanna be rednecks. Theres literally no such thing where I'm from. There were gangsters and only a few of them were wannabe's. We have a METCO system which busses all the kids in from the inner city to go to school with the rest of us. I saw two gigantic black chicks have the gnarliest fight the first day of school that consisted of hair pulling, biting, punching in the face, rolling down a flight of 23 stairs and pulling each others shirts off. I knew it was going to be an interesting time after that first impression...

Back