What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I finally did it

• Thread starter chibae
  • Start date

chibae

An orchid fancier with a CP problem
After much soul searching and discussions with my family I have made the choice to move on. Four weeks from now I will be starting a new job. I will be returning to a nursing facility that I had worked at 13 years ago, but this time in a different role. I love the company that I am leaving, but the time is right for me to make a change.

So long 50+ hour weeks with no overtime (I'm salary), so long being expected to drop my life to handle a problem from home on a Saturday evening, so long never ending deadlines, moving targets and trying to squeeze blood from stones.

I'm trading slightly less money and a longer to commute in order to get into a much less stressful company.

congrats Judy.

Sounds like a good choice, grats. :)

Stress kills, so that's probably a good choice. Best of luck!

So long 50+ hour weeks with no overtime (I'm salary), so long being expected to drop my life to handle a problem from home on a Saturday evening, so long never ending deadlines, moving targets and trying to squeeze blood from stones.
You just described what I do for a living. :-( Glad you are doing what's right for you.

You just described what I do for a living. :-( Glad you are doing what's right for you.

OMG..another clinical reimbursement nursing manager for a high medicare population company? Who ever thought we would meet here?

I think he meant the long hours etc.

50+ hours on salary... i'd die...

LOL, close... Resource Manager for an Academic/Research Institution. By resource, "they" mean everything - fiscal, facilities, property and personnel.

I think he meant the long hours etc.

I actually did know that :lol:
My job consists of, in a nutshell, making sure that we bill medicare (and other payment sources) everything we possibly, legally can. And to be sure that our documentation can prove, if audited, that we really did everything we billed for. And to be sure that the nursing staff really is doing everything I say they are. As the goverment cuts medicare payments to providers I am getting pressured to find more money, but legally and ethically, and sometimes it just isn't there to be found (and billed for).

Being a member of the managment staff also means being called to handle issues outside my department, just because "they know I can handle them", usually from home. I'm connected by cell phone and laptop when not at work.

Two weeks ago we had a Federal audit team in the building for four days. If I wasn't salary I would have earned just about $1000 in overtime alone.

I will be doing the same sort of job at my new place, but with a different financial focus.

Last edited:
rest breathe , enjoy , and much congratulations , less stress = better life way to go!!

Back