What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Easter dinner in Ky

Yesterday was beautiful in Kentucky, so I smoked some chicken on the Weber... omg :drool:
Hickory smoked chicken and baked taters topped with homemade roasted garlic and rosemary butter
Everyone floundered.... I do chicken well ;-)
smoked_chicken.jpg

nomnomnomnom!!!!

don't get much better :)

Easter - shouldn't you be eating rabbit?

wow butch i would love to get your recipe for that chicken it looks incredible!

I am Exo, and I approve of this message. :p

Standing rib roast named David......

Brine the chicken for one hour in 1cup of salt and 1cup of sugar per gallon of water
Soak hickory chunks at the same time.

Pat chicken dry with paper towel then lightly brush with oil.

Lightly pepper chicken... the smoke will do the rest.

Pile unlit charcoal on one half of the grill with a pan of water on the other half
Place hot charcoal on top of unlit and add 3 or 4 golf ball sized chunks of water soaked hickory

Place breast over water side furthest from the heat, then drumsticks then thighs, skin side up

Open each vent to 50% then do not open lid for 1hr and 15 mins

Check temps of meat, thighs should be 175 and breast 160, recover and cook another 15 mins if needed

Do not turn meat and do not add additional wood

Super easy and fool proof if you have a good instant read thermometer and the self control not to open grill LOL

Well that looks amazing! I'm already getting hungry from just seeing the picture...

With some D'au jus...

this image shows the details of the grill setup better

chicken2.JPG

sorry for the cheesey iphone images, I sort of had my hands full :)

lid and base both have adjustable air vents on the Weber... I place those at 50% open

got the webber also. was thinking hmmmI could do something similar.

its practically fool proof Mach, just follow my recipe and fight the urge to peek....

everyone will think you worked your butt off :)

Uh? We are not supposed to eat chocolate all day?

That looks absolutely delicious! I'll be wishing I had some of that after a couple days of this ham and turkey.

Ill trade you a breast for a big bowl of that awesome looking banana puddin' you made for desert

omg nomnomnom

Back