Thread: Greenhouse Thermostat? Help!

Formerly known as Pineapple Nepenthesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oregoncp View Post
    Here is another slightly cheaper version of what Tony posted PSP300
    I believe this can also be set up to not run at certian times and such.

I have never used this, so I cannot vouche for its quality.
    Thanks! I only see one plug-in place on there though and can't imagine where another plug-in spot would be available on that device. I need something that can control a heater and a cooler, so I guess I have to go with two of what Tony suggested. They look pretty sturdy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am pretty sure if you wanted to, you could modify the one Tony linked to do both heating and cooling. I might have to order one and see if they are built like I am guessing.

Class 5 Nepenthes hoarder lance's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use both of the thermostats Tony suggested with great success. It really helps with the environment and works well if you have to go away for a week or so.

In addition to growing plants, I design and build RC planes powered by Tesla batteries. Check out my progress at www.chargedplanes.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two stage thermostats that can control a heating and a cooling device are made for fermentation temperature control in the brewing world. I've used these devices with great success for accurately maintaining the temperature of a fermentation space.

http://morebeer.com/products/ranco-d...ler-wired.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Matt that I looked for atleast a hour last night for something just like that! Just couldn't find one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh nice! Kinda what I expected though price wise. Most of the time you see the single prewired type for $60-70 too. Which is why I suggested the ones I linked to. They looked like pretty good quality for considerably less. There really isn't alot to the nondigital ones... just an open/close spring contact and wire plastic etc...
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Ranco thermostats have been used by plenty of reptile keepers too, and generally have a good reputation.

Formerly known as Pineapple Nepenthesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is kinda a price limit... I could buy one of the more expensive digital ones, but I really don't want to lol. I think $80 for two of what Tony suggested sounds like a fair enough deal.

Just curious, but does anyone know how the temperature settings on it would work out? I read that on the exact model, you set it to a temperature and it keeps it at that. So say it is a hot summer day and the greenhouse is in full sun... I set it for 82F and it comes on when it goes above 83F, but since the swamp cooler is so fast at cooling the GH down, it goes right down to 81F and shuts off. But remember it is in full sun on a hot summer day, so it immediately heats back up. Is there something on there to prevent this situation or will the swamp cooler be turning on and off the entire day? Kinda a confusing question, but I'm curious of how it would work.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast