What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shortbus' Photo Thread

Some close ups.

Drosera intermedia

Drosera x hybrida

Sarracenia x catesbaei, Drosera 'Nagamoto'

Drosera prolifera

Drosera graomogolensis

Drosera aliciae

Drosera hamiltonii

Drosera spiralis

Drosera 'Nightmare'

tough to get good pics with my current equipment and planter arrangments, these were the ones that turned out OKish.

Last edited:
Thanks, Shortbus! I've never seen D. graomogolensis grown out of doors. That one looks big and healthy. I like the D. x hybrida esp. as I have some tiny ones I am hoping to see get as large as yours.

I was very nervous moving the plants from under grow lights for 2 years to full sun. Pings were nearly my only and greatest loss. The graomo was one I was worried about, but I never saw much sunburn on the leaves, and so stayed the course. Since then the leaves on the graomo have changed quite a bit. The petiole has shortened and the leaf has widened. Everything is changing so much and hopefully improving from the new light source. Thank you for looking Blue!

PS: any D. slackii around these days?

Pm'd. Nossir - thanks for posting your photos.

Sarracenia ('Adrian Slack') x purpurea v. 'Red Ruffles'

So I have been watching flies literally parade into this pitcher and times like these should not be kept to one's self.

...and a peek inside: I almost feel bad for this writhing terrified mass of soon to be lunch bugs.

The mass has made it to about the middle of my thumb. If they continue their march, I may have to update tonight and see if the level has risen much.

Ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Sarracenia 'Tarnok'!

Last edited:
So I told myself I wasn't going to cram anymore photos in this thread until I mastered fixing them or compressing them or whatever, but one last pic before I close it down: Dragonfly anyone?

That's a heck of a catch for a dew!

Will resizing pics with my phone do anything for file size like compression?

woah, i want to catch a dragonfly some day!

OH GOD it caught a dragonfly!

Back