Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Shortbus' Photo Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and a big THANKS to everybody for putting up the endless questions that I'm sure you've all heard before. Without your input this would be much less rewarding and my plants would not have had much of a chance. Grow on TerraForums!
    My Grow/Want Lists
    -The horticulturalist formerly known as Shortbus-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recently picked this Drosera spiralis up and it seemed to do well for a while and then this plant stopped making leaves. It was down to two pathetic leaves and had sat idle like this for weeks. I was starting to worry when poof...It's ALIVE!

This was potted up this spring. We have clockwise from top left, Drosera anglica, 'Pretty Rosette', and a small gathering of nidiformis plantlets.

The first leafy stolons appearing from a recently aquired Utricularia praelonga. I believe this plant will quickly take over the pot and the sundews may only be temporary residents.

Last but certainly not liest, the first leafy stolons of U. praelonga x livida appearing. The grassy leaves and the lobed leaves at their base belong to the same plant. Very cool, and I am excited that the leaves are coming out with a little blush to them.
    My Grow/Want Lists

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A little view of my repotting efforts of late.
    My Grow/Want Lists

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very nice shortbus. best of luck with the spiralis. feed it well, do not go to far in terms of heat and it should hopefully establish itself quickly. great to see everything else growing well for you.
    " You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -Inigo Montoya
    +growlist
    +petiolaris drosera going dormant?
    +picture thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you sir! South Americans are quickly becoming an interest of mine, sundews that is.
    My Grow/Want Lists

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cuttings in the oven. (aka an 8"x 8" glass mirror and some test tubes) 1-rotundifolia, 3-pretty rosette, 1-capensis narrow red, 1-admirabilis, 1-graomogolensis, 4-anglica kenaele, 4-capensis x spatulata, and 4-filiformis red.
    Last edited by Keith; 04-17-2013 at 08:53 PM.
    My Grow/Want Lists

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck with those cuttings, not that you will probably need it. I tried my hand at it last year just put a bunch of various sundew leaves in water and let it sit in my window and every cutting was successful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So if you guys couldn't tell...I like to work a little with the CP collection every day. Keeps them fairly happy, though sometimes I wonder if I'm killing them with kindness, and keeps me very happy. Yesterday I made a little terrarium out of a pickle jar. I wanted something to live in there that would get some size, but not so big that it would fill the jar and goo up the sides with dew. My next consideration was weather or not I would have to baby-sit flower stalks to prevent volunteer seeding. In my current roster there were only two plants close to this description. 'Albino' x aliciae and capensis x spatulata from what I understand, which most days is little, are in-fertile hybrids and will not spread by seed. That will be a big help with avoiding volunteers for a while anyway. Both of these hybrids develop fairly large root systems with emphasis on the 'Albino' x aliciae having a pretty beastly root system. Anyhow, I ended up settling on the 'Albino' x because it seems to get just a smidge bigger in my collection. I will probably regret this selection in a year or two as I suspect with the clear jar and them crazy roots that plantlets will start from the roots in short order. Being a bit of room left, and my need to mix and match genra and species, I surrounded the remaining medium with U. sandersonii which has been spreading very quicky for me in it's primary pot. The pics are bad, but you get the idea.

I looks quite a bit prettier IRL without my bad camera operating skills junky equipment smudging it up. The plant I used was small above the soil line but had a very developed root system with multiple apical meristems. Should have gotten pics, but when I zone on something there is no time for photo ops lol. Thanks for looking, ideas and critiques welcome!
    My Grow/Want Lists

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast