What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shortbus' Photo Thread

U. reniformis showing signs of life.

Ming aralia that was starded from a 2 leaf cutting.

VFT's were fresh and very cheap at the big boxstore so I put this together today.

Survivors of the great 'Albino' x alicae die out.

U. sandersonii doin' it's thing.

A few random baby Drosera that popped up in the last few months.

Some SA dews.

Drosera graomogolensis then and now.

thanks again to mass BTW for the graomo! One of my favorites currently. :)

My humble update for today.

D. capensis x spatulata

D. alicea

D. hamiltonii

D. binata multifida 'extrema'

Thanks for looking at my blurry pics!

that's a very healthy looking hamiltonii

Thanks Plant Fanatic and Corky! :) The hamiltonii has had it's ups and downs but it always seems to have a growth spurt around November for me.

A new generation of D. anglica, tokaiensis and a little clump of alicea in my nursery bog(indoors).

Really liking the cape x spat, great shape! I have a few new capensis hybrids ( Lantau x, aliciae x, dielsiana x) growing out from seed, so hopefully some of those will turn out looking just as cool.

hcarlton: one of my faves too. It's so easy with such a unique shape. Good call! I am really quite a fan of the hybrid Drosera. I would be very interested to see how your little ones turn out.

more blurry pics:
a simply huh-yooge U. reniformis leaf

I was hoping for flowers soon, but I had to be away from home for a week and it sorely missed my daily spritzing. The leaves and sphagnum have discolored and paled a bit I noticed after my absence.
:oops: :ohno: <----me returning home and finding all of my live sphagnum looking dried and fried. (It's all fine though.)

Just can't seem to get these Drosera madagascariensis in focus.

NOM NOM NOM! a no ID VFT

This Drosera hamiltonii has some weird parasitic twin thing going on..eeew!

Update on the 10 gal. terrarium

Bunnies!!! These D. tokaiensis are pretty juicy too.

The Hamiltoii in post #52 has really done some cool stuff. It has divided into 3 large rosettes much faster than anticipated. Sadly for me, I lost my camera in a recent move so I won't have an update pic up for another week or two.

looking good shortbus,dewtastic

Here's some stuff.

Oh, and happy spring!

nice work shortbus! everything looks great! makes me want to get into dews again. :)

What are those in #57? I that as tall as they get?

What are those in #57? I that as tall as they get?

#57 has Sarracenia purpurea ssp. venosa with the large open blooms. It may get an inch or two taller as it starts to produce pitchers again this year. There are several other species and varieties of dormant Sarracenia in the same pot that were just taken out of the fridge and planted along with a few tiny Drosera multifida 'extrema'planted around the edge of the pot. The top dressing is live sphagnum.

The S. purpurea wintered in this pot instead of the fridge.

Back