What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shortbus' Photo Thread

I have had no real photo thread in the past. Having been in the hobby for a while now, it seems appropriate to have a place just to spew a few photos every now and again. So without further ado...

These were all taken of my lone Nepenthes x 'Miranda' and of a cutting or two I took from it.

Last edited:
Ping is the word.

Some sundews for youz...

1 My first dew planter.
2 After moving inside for the winter.
3 In the middle is D. 'Tamlin', outsides are D. communis var. breviscapa
4 Stuff in Feb.
5 Stuff in Feb.
6 This pot was split into pics 8 and 9
7 D. venusta
8 Droseras: hamiltonii, aliciae, spiralis, and capensis x spatulata.
9 Droseras: capensis, spatulata, 'Tamlin', madagascariensis, spatulata fraser isl., and aliciae in the center.
10 D.filiformis red, D. 'Tamlin', and P. primuliflora

Last edited:
Better have a few bladderworts for good measure. More to come as surface stolons become more visible.
1 U. sandersonii
2 U. bisquamata
Figured I better get these 2 in here now since they are sending up flower stalks. Should make for a good update. Thanks for looking! :bigthumpup:

Some good looking plants youths there. Love your utrics, I don't do too well with mine. :-/

Thanks TOG! They are new so give it time... lol. Thanks for checking in!

Watch out for U. bisquamata: if ever there was a plant capable of becoming a chronic weed in a person's collection, that is the one. Once you have it, you never get rid of it. Its far more persistent than D. capensis.

I have to say I'm guilty of planting that one in a few of my pots of dews. I hope I don't regret it. Can I have some free stuff?? Just kidding, thanks for the input Whim. :)

N. x 'Miranda' I moved outside a few hours ago. Uppers are gonna be a nice change!

I believe this little Nep is feasting tonight!

Nom Nom Nom! :)

Enjoy! :)

good Lord! Feast is an understatement.

Those two pitchers must have been fresh, most of the bugs were on only them. I'll have to peek in tomorrow and see what I can see.

serious amount of bugs on that pitcher,looking good:bigthumpup:

Thank you sir and thanks for looking! :)

Awesome pics! Thanks for sharing :D

Omnomnomnom they all look happy, keep those pics coming!

Holy Crap! That is an insane amount of bugs on that pitcher! Hopefully you'll get some amazingly large foliage from the extra large meal it is about to get.

and a big THANKS to everybody for putting up the endless questions that I'm sure you've all heard before. Without your input this would be much less rewarding and my plants would not have had much of a chance. Grow on TerraForums! :)

I recently picked this Drosera spiralis up and it seemed to do well for a while and then this plant stopped making leaves. It was down to two pathetic leaves and had sat idle like this for weeks. I was starting to worry when poof...It's ALIVE! :mwahaha:

This was potted up this spring. We have clockwise from top left, Drosera anglica, 'Pretty Rosette', and a small gathering of nidiformis plantlets.

The first leafy stolons appearing from a recently aquired Utricularia praelonga. I believe this plant will quickly take over the pot and the sundews may only be temporary residents.

Last but certainly not liest, the first leafy stolons of U. praelonga x livida appearing. The grassy leaves and the lobed leaves at their base belong to the same plant. Very cool, and I am excited that the leaves are coming out with a little blush to them.

A little view of my repotting efforts of late.

very nice shortbus. best of luck with the spiralis. feed it well, do not go to far in terms of heat and it should hopefully establish itself quickly. great to see everything else growing well for you.

Back