Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tap Water

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JUst flush it out after. zthat is what i do, when i run out of water, even though here, it is 450pppm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodkoalie View Post
    JUst flush it out after. zthat is what i do, when i run out of water, even though here, it is 450pppm.
    Ever chip a tooth on your water?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I water my plants with tap water all the time. I fill a large bucket with tap water and let it sit for a day before watering the plants. Stockton's water report - http://www.stocktongov.com/files/ccr.pdf

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lance View Post
    Your tap water is a lot better then some people I know lol. Just make sure you keep the soil moist and make sure it doesn't dry out or the minerals will solidify.
    I know my tap water is bad because I have grown cps at one point with them and they died...and they didn't even die right away. It was a very slow process. I have already bought a few gallons of distilled water from my supermarket and I just ordered a 150 gpd ro filter...the one I have currently is a 50 gpd....reallly slow going to give it to a friend. One time I noticed about distilled water nowadays in supermarket is that the store brand is .20 cents cheaper and the name brand is .20 cents more expensive....

The Most Uncreative Name in the History of Ever Plant Planter's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Advice: Don't use tap on your plants for more than a couple weeks. However, if you can completely evaporate a potful of it (preferably by boiling it) and you don't see white residue at the bottom of the pot, MAYBE you can use it for longer. Letting it sit also might help some of the harmful chlorine to evaporate, but carnivorous plants are far pickier about water purity than fish. (I think the leave-your-water-out-for-a-day-and-you-can-use-it procedure came from the fish industry, but carnivorous plants are not fish.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12