What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Facebook Question Not Being Anewered On Facebook:

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
I used to be able to respond to comments and messages on my Gmail account. As of last week or so, that has stopped. I've tried different computers and different browsers and looked into my account settings. Something changed and I can't figure it out. Anyone know how to solve this?

Jim, I dont understand your question..
Gmail has nothing to do with facebook..
can you clarify please?
Scot

Jim, it still worked for me as of last week. I haven't used it recently. ???

Jim, I dont understand your question..
Gmail has nothing to do with facebook..
can you clarify please?
Scot
We can check our personal Emails and go to some Internet sites, like ESPN or Wikipedia, but FB, discuss forums, etc... are blocked. However, Facebook has things set up so that one could reply to messages and comments that appear in Email notifications, without having to actually go onto Facebook. But now, my replies won't even go through, no matter what computer I use (home, library, or work), and it doesn't matter what OS or browser. It just doesn't work. So either FB no longer does this or there is some account setting that I haven't figured out, that needs to be re-activated.

SMTP Response Codes
Facebook provides Enhanced Mail System Status Codes as described in RFC 1893. Facebook also provides custom error codes to help system administrators troubleshoot delivery issues.
Sender Domain Issues
These codes indicate an issue with either your domain's DNS record or your mail server's reverse DNS record.
Permanent Issues
These will persist until action is taken to correct them.

DNS-P1 Your SMTP MAIL FROM domain does not exist.
DNS-P2 Your SMTP MAIL FROM domain does not have an MX record.
DNS-P3 Your mail server does not have a reverse DNS record.

Temporary Issues
These may only persist for a short time. Administrators may want to investigate them further if they occur often.

DNS-T1 Your SMTP MAIL FROM domain exists but does not currently resolve.
DNS-T2 You mail server's reverse DNS record does not currently resolve.

Recipient Issues
These codes indicate an issue with one of the message recipients. Administrators observing these issues are not required to take any action to correct them.

RCP-P1 The attempted recipient address does not exist.
RCP-P2 The attempted recipient's preferences prevent messages from being delivered.
RCP-P3 The attempted recipient's privacy settings blocked the delivery.
RCP-T1 The attempted recipient address is not currently available due to an internal system issue. This is a temporary condition.
RCP-T4 The attempted recipient address is currently deactivated. The user may or may not reactivate it.
INT-P1 The attempted recipient address does not exist.
INT-P3 The attempted recipient group address does not exist.
INT-P4 The attempted recipient address does not exist.
INT-P7 The attempted recipient has exceeded their storage quota.

Message Issues
These codes indicate an issue with the specific message that triggered them. Message authors observing these issues are required to take action to correct them.

MSG-P1 The message exceeds Facebook's maximum allowed size.
INT-P2 The message exceeds Facebook's maximum allowed size.
MSG-P2 The message contains an attachment type that Facebook does not accept.
MSG-P3 The message contains multiple instances of a header field that can only be present once. Please see RFC 5322, section 3.6 for more information.
MSG-T1 The number of recipients on the message exceeds Facebook's allowed maximum.

Connection Limits
These codes indicate an issue with the connections from your mail servers. They are temporary conditions and administrators observing them are not required to take any action to correct them.

CON-T1 Facebook's mail server currently has too many connections open to allow another one.
CON-T2 Your mail server currently has too many connections open to Facebook's mail servers.
CON-T3 Your mail server has opened too many new connections to Facebook's mail servers in a short period of time.
CON-T4 Your mail server has exceeded the maximum number of recipients for its current connection.

Policy Violations
These codes indicate that either the message or your mail server has violated Facebook's abuse prevention policies.
Permanent Mail Server Policies
These will persist until the administrator takes action to correct them.

POL-P1: Your mail server's IP Address is listed on the Spamhaus PBL.
POL-P2 Facebook will no longer accept mail from your mail server's IP Address.

Permanent Message Policies
Message authors observing these issues are required to take action to correct them.

POL-P5 The message contains a virus.
POL-P6 The message contains a url that has been blocked by Facebook.
POL-P8 The message does not comply with Facebook's abuse policies and will not be accepted.

Permanent Domain Policies
These will persist until action is taken to correct them.

POL-P7 The message does not comply with Facebook's Domain Authentication requirements.

Temporary Mail Server Policies
These will expire after the stated duration. Administrators are encouraged to take corrective action to prevent them from reoccurring.

POL-P3 Facebook is not accepting messages from your mail server. This will persist for 4 to 8 hours.
POL-P4 Facebook is not accepting messages from your mail server. This will persist for 24 to 48 hours.
POL-T1 Facebook is not accepting messages from your mail server, but they may be retried later. This will persist for 1 to 2 hours.
POL-T2 Facebook is not accepting messages from your mail server, but they may be retried later. This will persist for 4 to 8 hours.
POL-T3 Facebook is not accepting messages from your mail server, but they may be retried later. This will persist for 24 to 48 hours.

Facebook System Resource Issues
These codes indicate a temporary issue internal to Facebook's system. Administrators observing these issues are not required to take any action to correct them.

INT-Tx

As I recall you do not have Internet access at home? Perhaps the access points you are using are now blocking email to/from facebook too.

However it looks like Facebook made some changes at the end of March:

https://www.facebook.com/notes/face...ions-on-facebook-with-replies/578890718789613

You will be able to opt-into Replies through the Page admin panel in the Manage Permissions section where you will see a prompt to turn Replies on. Once you opt-in, you will be able to opt-out but all Pages will have the feature enabled on July 10, 2013. When you opt-in, you will see the feature show up on new posts on the Page. Also, the feature will be automatically turned on for profiles with more than 10,000 followers. At launch, this feature will only be available on desktop and we plan to make it available in the Graph API and mobile in the future.

After months of testing, we have seen how the new feature can improve conversations and be used to start open dialogues with the community.

So it looks like the Facebook user whose page it is have to opt-in to this feature now.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/25/tech/social-media/facebook-reply-comments

Back