User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 8 of 23

Thread: Ads

  1. #1
    Firerock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Cave Junction, Oregon
    Posts
    208
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Cool Ads

    Why are we getting bombarded with more and more ads in the posts. Kick out the spammers Good!! But keep the Ads. Don't get it.

    Regards
    GROWLIST If you can read this thank a TEACHER , If you can read this in ENGLISH thank a VETERAN.

  2. #2
    Whimgrinder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,875
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed. The ads in posts are intrusive in that they occupy far more of the page real estate than necessary. My question is: can we pay to have these disappear? Because I am not interested in participating in an environment that won't permit exclusion of obnoxious, intrusive ads.

  3. #3
    Taargus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Northern Florida
    Posts
    180
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ads and ad clicks are what help keep forums like this one free to use. If you really can't stand them use Adblock Plus, problem solved. I use it and don't see any, anywhere on the internet. However, I have Adblock shut off on forums, reddit, and other sites where the ad clicks help keep sites I use free, so you might want to consider just overlooking them because they help you not have to pay to use this site.

  4. #4
    Whimgrinder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,875
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Taargus View Post
    The ads and ad clicks are what help keep forums like this one free to use. If you really can't stand them use Adblock Plus, problem solved. I use it and don't see any, anywhere on the internet. However, I have Adblock shut off on forums, reddit, and other sites where the ad clicks help keep sites I use free, so you might want to consider just overlooking them because they help you not have to pay to use this site.
    On iOS devices, AdBlock is not available, and it is there that the ads are most intrusive. I would rather pay for the service than suffer through the intrusive advertising. Its the new ads embedded in posts I find particularly obnoxious, not the minimal banner ads.

  5. #5
    Jake Tower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Panhandle, Texas
    Posts
    125
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alot of forums, will offer no ads if you purchase there VIP. I am not sure if "Green" membership does that.
    Tower//Jake
    "Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling."
    http://www.thecpforum.com <--- My site

  6. #6
    Whimgrinder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,875
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tower View Post
    Alot of forums, will offer no ads if you purchase there VIP. I am not sure if "Green" membership does that.
    That is pretty much the question I am asking, yes. Waiting for admin to reply :-)

  7. #7

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,295
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im green and they are still there :/

  8. #8
    Taargus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Northern Florida
    Posts
    180
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whimgrinder View Post
    On iOS devices, AdBlock is not available, and it is there that the ads are most intrusive. I would rather pay for the service than suffer through the intrusive advertising. Its the new ads embedded in posts I find particularly obnoxious, not the minimal banner ads.
    Ah, I see the one's you are talking about if you use the "full site", but there is nothing if you use mobile site, you could switch to using that in the mean time? I guess the green membership can't help get rid of them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •