Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: help with photoperiod

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

help with photoperiod

hey all just need a little help with some photoperiod stuff. I have some sarracenia flava var maximas and their seedlings, a couple leuco tarnoks, a purpurea, a sarracenia ladybug, 2 venus flytraps, and a drosera rotundifolia. they are on my back porch now and get 3 hours of direct sunlight a day from 230 to about 530 and all seem to be happy. I am however not getting much red from my purpureas, fly traps, or sundew. I realize some plants dont turd red but Im thinking 3 hours isnt enough for the plants I have. My front yard has direct sun from about noon till 6 or 7. so about say 6 hours of direct sunlight.

I guess the question is should I move out front? if so could the plants handle An immediate transition? I dont wanna kill em if they seem pretty happy, they just may benefit from more sun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Three hours of sun really isn't enough. I'd go with the front yard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The more sun most red plants get, the redder they are. I imagine it would hold true for CPs as well. Btw you are not talking about the photoperiod. Your plants are getting around a 15 hour photoperiod right now, but only 3 hours of direct sun. Unless you keep a light on at night in which case you functionally lengthen the photoperiod. Photoperiod is strictly the length of the day.
    Judge not lest ye be judged creates a cesspool. Judge others and prepare to be judged by them.
    Just know when to keep the verdict to yourself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah i figured i wasnt getting enough, i never realized i was only getting 3 hours though. to the front they go!