What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EntHerptology

Carnivorous...
Hello,

Today I went on a surprise trip to a local nursery in Northern California. The plants were absolutely spectacular! I thought I would share some pictures:

A mess of Sarracenia flava and a few Drosera binata in the outdoor bog gardens.

Another bog pocket with various carnivores.

Sarracenia minor always seems to be grinning!

Into the Greenhouse!

An exceptionally large Nepenthes rafflesiana

This clumping N. ampullaria was stunning.

I spotted my personal favorite, N. bicalcarata.

A vicious N. hamata.

Who knew N. ventricosas could be so gorgeous!

A large clump of Dionaea muscipula.

Some beautiful Darlingtonia

Cephalotus follicularis. Stunning!

Heliamphora Heaven!!!

And of course, one does not simply walk away from that without bringing along some new additions:-D

Enjoy Everyone!

Kenny

Note: I was careful to leave out the name of this nursery, and the purpose of this thread was purely to share some incredibly grown plants. I did not endorse or elevate this vendor in any way. If there is a problem with any of the pictures, please contact me so I can remove them individually without dismantling the entire thread.

stunning & inspirational! all I could say is more pictures! :)

Unreal, I wish I had a botanical get-away like that around here...I might never leave it :)

Beautiful pics! What all did you get?

Thank you everyone for the positive feedback!

Beautiful pics! What all did you get?

I had a strict $100.00 budget to maintain, and I picked up the following:

• S. leucophylla
  • S. rubra ssp. gulfensis "Ancestor" x S. rubra ssp. gulfensis
  • Dionaea muscipula "Burbanks Best"
  • Drosera capensis "wide leaf"
  • Nepenthes boschiana x maxima
  • Nepenthes ventricosa x robcantleyi
  • Nepenthes mikei

I am loving the new additions :)

Kenny

man, how does that guy get his binatas so huge? i have some multifida growing outside in full sun but they remain small and never fork more than once :angry:

AWESOME! Hard to leave a place like that, isn't it? Good luck with your new babies :-D

man, how does that guy get his binatas so huge? i have some multifida growing outside in full sun but they remain small and never fork more than once :angry:

PM sent.

Gorgeous plants! I'm thinking this is the cp nursery in northern california...I would love to visit them some day.

I need to find a nursery that sells Heliamphora! I've been looking for weeks but I haven't found any from online nurseries and I'm not eager to buy from eBay or Amazon.

And what or wherever this nursery is, it's heaven for plants!

How did my pondarium look? I need to go up there and check on it. I have a couple planters full of Sarras up there, as well.

Nice pictures!

How did my pondarium look? I need to go up there and check on it. I have a couple planters full of Sarras up there, as well.

Nice pictures!

Thank you.
I did not see any of your plants, but I am sure they are doing wonderful!

Kenny

Not the big aquarium out by the bogs? Can't miss it, LOL! :D

Well, that just means ya gotta go back and ask to see them. That tank is an Aldrovanda factory. ;) I forgot the "slice of California" pot with mountain Darlingonia and other goodies.

I love browsing around up there. Now I gotta go back soon, too.

Not the big aquarium out by the bogs? Can't miss it, LOL! :D

Well, that just means ya gotta go back and ask to see them. That tank is an Aldrovanda factory. ;) I forgot the "slice of California" pot with mountain Darlingonia and other goodies.

I love browsing around up there. Now I gotta go back soon, too.

As a matter of fact I remember the aquarium. It was stunning, full of Aldrovanda and Utricularia!

Good growing,
Kenny

The Utrics were still growing? GREAT! That U. foliosa. Good news, thanks! I gotta go check on the container garden with the water bowl around it, it should have U. inflata.

Back