What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bodybuilding

Nepenthes101: i finaly put a picture of me lol, you can see my back in my profile. Right now i feel in great shape.

oh man... I am actually just about to go to the gym...just procrastinating. I am a pretty "soft" guy lol...without too much muscular definition. Trying to fix it... I definitely improved a little but damn..no where close to your figure. I just stepped up from 15lb dumbells to 20lb for bicep curls so..slow but...hey..its progress. lol!

Nice ! Hope you had a nice workout varun!

Progress is the more important. You train 4 times a week?

Keep going my friend!

lol..no ..not yet. I got all the improvement when I did 4-5 times/week..but then things slowed down since december when I went on vacation....now its more like 2-3 times a week and sometimes even once a week. Trying to increase the session count. But one thing is for sure...progress is slow... lol

Slow, but at least you progress!

For myself, i train on a 4days basis;

Day1 chest/biceps
Day2 back/triceps
Day3 Shoulders/calves
Day4 Quads/hamstrings

+20mins abs each day

Im back from a major bicep surgery, my weight was 220lbs, i drop to 175. Now im at 200 and i keep growing my mass, i will go for the progym cup, Quebec amateur championship. If im in the top 10, it will be a major victory for me! The guys are so huge out there!

We have to train together some day varun :)

Wow! Thats intense. I have been doing a similar plan...but it has been hard to stay consistent. I do similar combinations...except haven't been doing too much abs..which I really should. Back+tri, chest+bi, shoulders+legs.
Good luck..sounds like you are on your way to reaching the goal. haha! definitely. I normally go alone to the gym...would be nice to train with an expert. :)<textarea id="adlesse_unifier_magic_element_id" style="display: none;"></textarea>

I hope that you're making a full recovery Maiden. I remember getting injured in the weight room back in high school, not fun at all. Hopefully someday we can train together. I'm like a few months or so from reaching 200lbs in body weight.

Squatting 4 plates (405 lbs) at 200 lbs. is impressive!

Props to everyone on this thread.
I'm not a bodybuilder, but I do play volleyball at a high level, work out 4+ days a week, play just as much, try to maintain 6'6 205 or so, seems to be about where my maximum verticle is while still having a strong upper body for power.

I hope that you're making a full recovery Maiden. I remember getting injured in the weight room back in high school, not fun at all. Hopefully someday we can train together. I'm like a few months or so from reaching 200lbs in body weight.

Thx. Im at 90% right now. I got almost all my mass back, but my biceps shape have changed, i have no symetry anymore from the front relax pose. And the skar man... :-(

DonH: Yes squat rock ! For me its the most important exercice you can do in a gym.
405+(2*25lbs) for the last set.

For the best hypertrophia in the quads, try supersetting very heavy squat and light legspress. Killer!
At the last set i can barely push 2*25lbs.

Vbkid: nice :) 6f6 wow, im far away with my 5f10 !

Me and Branch Warren! This guy is in the top 5 of the more muscular mans on the planet.

I look little with him! What a beast!

Its truly my idol :)

me with branch warren by dals009, on Flickr

Last edited:

I train 4 times a week
I eat 7 meals a day
I dream of a bodybuilding free of drugs..

Bodybuiding is a healh kick.
Its the greatest way to learn mental focus, self discipline and hard work.
..Never give up..

Last edited:
Hey, not exactly body building, but do you have any tips on how to start excercising? I want to do something simple like jog everyday, but I can never get into the habit of it and forget about it after a few days.

Nice! I'm also into lifting. I train primarily for strength. Here is a vid of some squats from last month. My favorite exercise.

Man.. I really miss working out. 2 years ago i was able to bench 225 lbs when i was prime..
But then my lifestyle fell apart. Sash, i suggest pullups, pushups, and buying a bench set. Thats a good
Starter in my opinion. Its all about repetition and most of all.. You gotta want it.

Hey, not exactly body building, but do you have any tips on how to start excercising? I want to do something simple like jog everyday, but I can never get into the habit of it and forget about it after a few days.

The best way to stay hooked is to set a goal to acheive, a humble one. And then another one, and another one. Each little victory will keep you focused :)

Nice! I'm also into lifting. I train primarily for strength. Here is a vid of some squats from last month. My favorite exercise.

Nice ! I squat with the exact same setup; with metal arms on the power rack. Maybe just a little bit higher because im tall and i cannot go very low. At 37yo i have to take care of injuries. I work my lower quads on a mix of differents curling/extention machines !

Squat+hack squat machine in superset is great too!

My best exercice is lying dumbells press, decline also :)

Last edited:
Back