Likes Likes:  0
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Bodybuilding

I Am the Terror Of the Night! NemJones's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man.. I really miss working out. 2 years ago i was able to bench 225 lbs when i was prime..
    But then my lifestyle fell apart. Sash, i suggest pullups, pushups, and buying a bench set. Thats a good
    Starter in my opinion. Its all about repetition and most of all.. You gotta want it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sashoke View Post
    Hey, not exactly body building, but do you have any tips on how to start excercising? I want to do something simple like jog everyday, but I can never get into the habit of it and forget about it after a few days.
    The best way to stay hooked is to set a goal to acheive, a humble one. And then another one, and another one. Each little victory will keep you focused
    Maiden

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Randoja View Post
    Nice! I'm also into lifting. I train primarily for strength. Here is a vid of some squats from last month. My favorite exercise.
    Nice ! I squat with the exact same setup; with metal arms on the power rack. Maybe just a little bit higher because im tall and i cannot go very low. At 37yo i have to take care of injuries. I work my lower quads on a mix of differents curling/extention machines !

Squat+hack squat machine in superset is great too!

My best exercice is lying dumbells press, decline also
    Last edited by Maiden; 12-05-2014 at 10:27 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maiden

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there a reason why you train for strength? I always think back to Sigmund Freud's "Why War" where he discussed the use of superior muscular strength to take or defend property in a state of nature before civil society and sovereignty. We no longer need super strength as he discusses, so I"m curious to understand more of the appeal of physical strength.

"It is a general principle, then, that conflicts of interest between men are settled by the use of violence. This is true of the whole animal kingdom... To begin with, in a small human horde, it was superior muscular strength which decided who owned things or whose will shall prevail...Muscular strength was soon supplemented and replaced by the use of tools: the winner was the one who had better weapons or who used them the more skillfully. From the moment at which weapons were introduced, intellectual superiority already began to replace brute muscular strength; but the final purpose of the fight remained the same - one side or the other was to be compelled to abandon his claim or his objection by the damage inflected on him and by the crippling of his strength".
    Last edited by ps3isawesome; 12-19-2014 at 12:33 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its a very good question.

Im very tired right now, and sometimes my english level drop a bit, i will try to make that understandable.

With our advanced societies, our law and rules, with the police and army, we dont need to be physicaly superior. Its no more the 'the stronger will reign' like it was in middles age. Its not the reason i build my body always bigger and stronger.

We live in a 'image' society. Its sad, but its true. Most of the time, beautifull peoples, who look confident, strong and alpha will always have more chance to reach success because the society is like that. Once again, its pretty sad but its the reality.

I cannot control everything, but what i can control, i will go at 100%. Even if i cant(and dont want to) use my body to gain control over other humans, like it was in middles ages, a strong and impressive body will bring more respect and admiration. I can see this in the eyes and actions of the people around me.
    Once again, the society is like that.
    Most of the normal people dont want to mess with a 6'5 300lbs dude. Most of normal people will not talk the same way to a impressive guy.

I start bodybuilding 12 years ago, and i was at 125lbs for 6f. I was often invisible for other. Many time ppl cut me in the waiting line at the grocery store for example. Its a way more intimidating doing this in front of a very big guy. People dont even try. Its like that.

Also bodybuilding bring me so much other advantages like mental focus, discipline, patience, hard work and a healthy life style. I meet my best friends in the gym, i meet my girlfriend in the gym.

2014 was very hard for me, i lost many close ppl as my parents and my best friend, and without bodybuilding habbits and discipline, i dont know if i were able to go through that.

I hope i answer your question

Francois

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hit a 300lb bench today, been wanting that for a while.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You guys into Olympic weightlifting at all? I know it's not bodybuilding but still strength related. Not crossfit or anything, but just training for Olympic lifts
    Last edited by That One Guy; 02-23-2015 at 11:22 PM.
    Gettin there...

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast