What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bodybuilding

Im here since a year now, and i talked only about carnivorous plants.

I want to let you know who i am, my real passion.
Im a true carnivorous plants addicted, but its my 2nd passion.

My real thing is bodybuilding.
Its the reason why i wake up each morning.
I eat 7 meals a day, since 11years.
I train 4 days a week, every week, no matters what.
I lost many friends and girlfriends for my sport. No time to give.
I eat bodybuilding
I breath bodybuilding
I think about this 24/7

http://m.youtube.com/watch?gl=CA&hl...r browser) Are you freak as me ?? Cheers :)

Last edited:
so lets see some pics of your chiseled figure :lol:

id be a bodybuilder if my metabolism would slow down just a bit :p

Lol i have some in the member photo section

If you got a fast metabolism, thats mean that you are ectomorph. You are a natural fat burner, and thats mean you have a perfect body to be a bodybuilder. You will not have to deal with fat, only muscles gain.

yes but its so high that i have trouble putting on weight. and by trouble, i mean i cannot seem to eat enough to surpass what i burn. if i ate 7 meals a day im sure thatd change but i dont have that kinda appetite

Add more carbs to each meal.
Like a slice of bread or sometin.

At 23 years, i was 5f11 for 135lbs
I was so skinny, and my estomac was big like a penny. Now im at 216, and i can eat a horse. You can make your stomach bigger, little by little, by eating more and more.

Im ectomorph too :)

Nice to see another bodybuilder around here. Hopefully I'll see you in competition at the Olympia someday for a Eugene Sandow trophy. I'll be in competition in the next year or 2 when I reach my goal of 260lbs. I'm 5 foot 5 just like Franco Columbo as well as Flex Lewis. Phil Heath is now the current Champ. But Jay Cutler will be back this year now that he is recovered from his bicep injury.

What brand of gloves do you prefer? I love Harbinger.

Last edited:
im another fellow ectomorph. not a bodybuilder, but i've got some mass since i'm more about function rather than form and prefer isometrics as a form of exercise.

my appetite for eating large amounts of food didnt increase until i started exercising. high intensity interval training drained my energy reserves rather very quickly, especially in the beginning, so I had to eat large amounts of food in order to compensate. speaking of which, food is expensive!

@maiden: you're an ectomorph!? i have a hard time believing that! i would have bet you were a mesomorph instead. when you stop working out, do you start to lose weight? it's also very impressive if you can build a physique like that being an ecto, hard gainers we are... mad props to you!

Nepenthes101: Hello :)

260lbs offseason? Really cool.

Franco is one of my fav bodybuilder ! What a back ! I think he won in 76 and 81 ?
For the last sandow show, i agree with the judges, phil was too strong for competition. His quads are amazing. I was surprised about branch warren, he finishes far away!

Me with branch warren in 2009:

http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/dals09..._prefs_photos_IS_1_AND_mt_IS_all_AND_w_IS_all

For the olympia show, im in montreal canada, las vegas is far from here lol
Maybe one day!! :)

I dont wear glove, i use pads. All my stuff(belt, pads, knee wrap, straps etc) are Grizzly brand.

Nice to see another guy who pumping iron !

Last edited:
Amphirion: Training routine, in isolation, will create demand for food. Each gram of food you give to your stomach, your body try to turn it into energy, because your body want to survive, not adding weight. And your stomach will digest carbs first, then proteins and fats.

So by eating more carbs, your body will turn them into energy, and the others nutriments will do others things, like building new muscles tissues, and recovering. And your appetite will be increased. And like you said, your wallet will be smaller haha

Nah im not a meso LOL. My nutrition is adapted to a ecto. If i turn meso or endo tomorrow morning, i will weight 450lbs before the end of the year lol.

I think its easier getting big(muscles not fat) as a ectomorph, because you only have to eat and train. Meso guys have to calculate all the time. If they eat too much, they get fat. Its really not our problem as ecto.

And yes, if i stop training, even for 2 weeks, i lost weight. Its frustrating sometimes!

Last edited:
I like to train for "if aliens come, I am prepared".

There were some guys in your weight category at the urbanathon, but not many.

Show me a set of one-hand hand stand pushups and I will give you a jar of my home made granola :-D

I'm in that group with Myles and Amph, I eat and lose weight. Meats, breads, pastas, fruits, everything, doesn't make a difference...and I eat a lot of carbs... I guess I'm not meant to be a bodybuilder :D

My off season goal is more at the 270 and 280 range, my on season goal would be the 260lbs when I cut for show. I haven't been in a competition yet as I want to be really big and cut for that. I'm roughly almost 170lbs at the moment so I'm still a bit of time out,LOL. But I'll eventually get there.

I have to say that one of my all time fav exercises are the front squats, I absolutely love them. Gets the front quads going like crazy.

Oh, how about the late Paul Demayo? Now that guy had some quads, hence why they called him QuadZilla. I go by alot of his stuff in my training as I need the front quads especially for my first show when it happens eventually.

Oh, Dorian Yates is another great old school guy. he has alot of very educational training vids that I watch on youtube.

That's an awesome pic of you with Branch Warren. I hear that he's a super cool dude.

That's correct on Franco. http://www.olympiawinners.com/

LOL pokie22
yeah, bodybuilders and fitness peoples will be the front line ! lol

Hcarlton: I train many ectomorph guys and everybody get bigger and bigger.
Maybe your genetic is not stuning, but trust me, you can add muscles if you do the propers things and eat well, and i dont talk about steroids or gh! I mean the clean way:)

Nepenthes101: 260 cut ? Thats a great shape!

Front squats are cool, but i prefer classic squat ! I love when ppl stop training in the gym and look at my squat set when the bar curl with barbell plates and my training partner scream behind me. made me proud of what im doing:)
Are you a dumbell or a barbell guy ? For myself, i prefer dumbells workout. Dumbell press, sited dumbell press for shoulders etc. Im not a military press fan.

Also, i dont know Paul Demayo, i will look on yahoo!
For me, branch warren have the greatest quads ever. Coleman was not so bad too :p

Dorian yates ! I think i saw his 'blood and guts' video like 50 times. 8 times olympia winner in a row, amazing.

But the biggest, greatest bodybuilder in history is victor richards. He never compet at hight level, because he dont care about competition. But at one show, in the 80's, he was on the same stage as dorian yates for a guest pose, and dorian was at his best. Yates was skinny compared of vic. At some point, he stop posing and he look at victor and he was like: wtf!!!.

A nice victor video: http://m.youtube.com/watch?gl=CA&client=mv-google&hl=en&v=Jq7p9ttcjN8

And yes, branch is a very nice guy !

Actually the only two guys to ever get the Mr O 8 times in a row and 8 times ever were Lee Haney and Ronnie Coleman. Dorian was from 92 to 97. 6 times in a row is still very impressive though.

As for being a Dumbell or Barbell buy. I actually love both. The barbell helps me with my explosive power moves/training when I power clean the weight up and then begin the shoulder press.Some days I'll press the weight in front of me and others behind the head movements. Helps to be well rounded and thick. The Dumbbells I use for hammer strength training and for balance. I also have a pair of the EXF Elite rings and I train with those as well. I feel that it's very important to apply some ring training in with heavy weight training cause body weight training is very important as well.

As with the squats, I do both the classic and fronts, just that I really love the front ones alot.

I saw a thing on Victor Richards before. I agree that he's a very impressive athlete. I think that he should of stuck around as I think he would of had a good few Sandows for his mantle.

And yes, 260 cut is my ultimate goal in the next couple or so years. Give's me something to look forward to and work towards.

Oh, do you keep a log of your daily routine in the gym so to keep track of your progress? I do that on a regular basis so I know how well I'm doing so I don't hit any plateaus.

I was wrong, yates won 6 times !
but even 6 times is freakin amazing!

I have a routine, i change everytimes i feel to. i dont write how many weight i lift at every workout, because i know it, and at each new workout i remember how many i lift the workout before.

I really feel my body, sometimes i dont count my reps, i know when my hypertrophia is good enough. Sometimes i have to do one max rep, with a very heavy weight, to create a massive hypertrophia. for better grown.

As bodybuilders, we grow everything, ourselves and our plants :p

(by the way, sorry for my bad English, its my third language!)

LOL, No worries. It's all good.

I just like to keep an very accurate log of my routine and how much weight I work with from week to week, month to month, etc... I follow the Dorian Yates method like a religion. I want to make sure that nothing develops faster than the other and look all out of whack. Symmetry is everything to me cause I need to be very decent in my first competition. So far everything is working very well for me by following his methods. I really hope that I can meet the guy someday.

Also, no worries on the English, it's all good.

You can :)

He own a gym called temple gym in uk.
And he is at many IFBB shows around the globe all the time.

He also has his own show called the Dorian Yates Classic.

cool, i didnt know that ! in us or uk ?

Back