Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: How do you support your habit?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey3288 View Post
    Neat app, and that's amazing that you're getting experience at a young age. If you're interested in programming as a career choice be sure to tout this in your resume or interviews! I didn't get into programming until my senior year of high school and regretted I hadn't started earlier.
    Thanks. I found out about it about a year or two ago and I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maiden View Post
    Do you have a version for blackberry ?
    Quote Originally Posted by anramitaco View Post
    Nice. Is there/will there be a version for Android?
    well...probably not anytime soon. Those devices have completely different programming languages and SDKs(Software Development Kits) that I would have to learn to do a port. Maybe I will sometime in the future, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey3288 View Post
    Awesome to see some former/current business owners. I'm a programmer working in defense nao. Any fellow programmers here?

Last summer I interned at a small contractor and was able to work closely with the client and see all the interactions. Still learning the business with a large contractor but I have grand visions of opening my own contracting company one day!
    I am a software engineer (Java web applications among other things). I had an interview for a job as a php developer with a new company though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BioZest View Post
    I'm a programmer. I'm still a kid so I don't actually need a job, but I develop for iOS. Check out the link to the app in my signature below. I'm hoping that I'll get another app out this summer to actually make some money to buy some plants with.

|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    V
    I run Linux so I can't open your link. What does your app do?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update: I am now a spray tech at a lawn care company.
    My Grow/Want Lists
    -The horticulturalist formerly known as Shortbus-

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am a college student, I get my plants as presents or buy them with birthday money, so I don't have that many. But that is for the best, as I have to move around a lot from dorm to home and back again, so keeping things small is probably for the best. I like drosera for that reason, most aren't that big.
    Come to me flies and crawling bugs. This plant wants to give you great big hugs
    Aren't I pretty, don't I smell good? I'd come to you if I could
    But I can't so you must come to me, I'm sure we will get along splendidly

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    [Edit] tryed to put some c++ code here for fun, but the webpage use my code for formating LOL. Cannot print out the original code here. But im a c++ coder
    To put in code you can use the [ code ] [ /code ] tags. Just remove the spaces from within the brackets.

I'm a professor. What money I don't spend on books goes toward plants! :-)
    That's great! Where/what do you profess/research?

And to answer the original question: I manage a research lab at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. We do a lot of work with soils and the gases that come off them. I get to work on projects ranging from biofuels to carbon sequestration to isotopic analyses. Good stuff!
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoSarah View Post
    I am a college student, I get my plants as presents or buy them with birthday money, so I don't have that many. But that is for the best, as I have to move around a lot from dorm to home and back again, so keeping things small is probably for the best. I like drosera for that reason, most aren't that big.
    Same here. I don't have that much of a budget to spend on plants, but I use Swagbucks to get Paypal gift cards so I can make some purchases from time to time. I've begun trading to acquire more plants as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoSarah View Post
    Hell yeah, me too! I also use mostly birthday and Xmas money for my plants. Keep em all at home though so I'm constantly praying that my parents don't kill them while I'm away at college.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast