What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you support your habit?

My official title is "Certified Registered Nurse Assessment Coordinator". My actual job is billing Medicare and Medical Assistance, on behalf of my employer, for everything we do (rehab center) and making sure we can prove that we actually did what I billed for.

My kids are grown but now I spend money on my grandchildren. Most of my plants have come from trade and saved money.

I'm working at a farm and garden center. i get 30% discounts on everything!

Awesome to see some former/current business owners. I'm a programmer working in defense nao. Any fellow programmers here? :D

Last summer I interned at a small contractor and was able to work closely with the client and see all the interactions. Still learning the business with a large contractor but I have grand visions of opening my own contracting company one day!

Every summer I go work at a TC laboratory to help earn $ for getting Nepenthes that are on my want list. I feel that although it would be easier to rely off my parents, I must get used to working for things I want because eventually I'll have to start doing that as an adult.

I'm a library technician at a college which I've been doing for 13 years. My partner and I also own a cleaning business with 5 employees and an assistant. And I'm currently a junior at USF. So my 3 hrs of free time I stare at my plants and see if they decide to grow a little. Lol

Although I had to take this term off due to classes 5 days a week, I work at a college bookstore performing the usual "book clerk" duties, shipping and receiving, financial aid authorization, watching your tax dollars get flushed down the toilet, etc...

[Edit] tryed to put some c++ code here for fun, but the webpage use my code for formating LOL. Cannot print out the original code here. But im a c++ coder :)

I work in a laboratory for a pharmaceutical manufacturer. They let me play with chemicals. I ask my wife shipping money.

I'm an RN on a telemetry unit in a hospital, I know there's a few other nurses around here.

I was a Research Technician at Kodak for 17 years, until a year ago, when I was laid off..
Now im going back to school full-time for a complete career change!
I am doing a 2-year program at my local community college, using the "Cisco Networking Academy" curriculum,
going for an associates degree in Computer Systems Technology.
(I already have a Bachelors degree from college the first time, 20 years ago)
I'm half-way done already! :)
I will be looking for an entry-level job in the Network Administration field a year from now..

Scot

I'm a professional advocate for people with disabilities. I investigate allegations of abuse, neglect and rights violations. My garden is what grounds me.

I'm an RN on a telemetry unit in a hospital, I know there's a few other nurses around here.

I am a biomed tech for a national medical equipment services company. No, I can't make bed 12 stop beeping so much, haha.

^Awesome, my sister is a RN as well. I'm pretty jealous of her 3/12 schedule and that awesome 4 day weekend she gets!

And Scot that's an awesome career choice. My undergrand was Information Systems with an Advanced Networking Certificate :) going back to get my Cybersecurity Master's this Fall. Learning all the intricacies about something as simple as typing in "www.google.com" into a search browser, and knowing what happens after just gets my ish going!

[Edit] tryed to put some c++ code here for fun, but the webpage use my code for formating LOL. Cannot print out the original code here. But im a c++ coder :)

Awesome to see some former/current business owners. I'm a programmer working in defense nao. Any fellow programmers here? :D

Last summer I interned at a small contractor and was able to work closely with the client and see all the interactions. Still learning the business with a large contractor but I have grand visions of opening my own contracting company one day!

I'm a programmer. I'm still a kid so I don't actually need a job, but I develop for iOS. Check out the link to the app in my signature below. I'm hoping that I'll get another app out this summer to actually make some money to buy some plants with.

|
|
|
|
|
V

^Awesome, my sister is a RN as well. I'm pretty jealous of her 3/12 schedule and that awesome 4 day weekend she gets!

And Scot that's an awesome career choice. My undergrand was Information Systems with an Advanced Networking Certificate :) going back to get my Cybersecurity Master's this Fall. Learning all the intricacies about something as simple as typing in "www.google.com" into a search browser, and knowing what happens after just gets my ish going!

Thanks Mikey,
yeah, its pretty cool stuff! im enjoying it a lot..
I now know about half of of what I need to know for the CCNA! ;)
im spending the summer reviewing everything we have learned so far, so I dont forget any of it..
just watched one of the live Cisco seminars on-line this afternoon..
its a very challenging field! but im very into it..
thanks,
Scot

I'm a professor. What money I don't spend on books goes toward plants! :)

I'm a programmer. I'm still a kid so I don't actually need a job, but I develop for iOS. Check out the link to the app in my signature below. I'm hoping that I'll get another app out this summer to actually make some money to buy some plants with.

|
|
|
|
|
V

Do you have a version for blackberry ?

Nice. Is there/will there be a version for Android?

|
|
|
|
|
V

Neat app, and that's amazing that you're getting experience at a young age. If you're interested in programming as a career choice be sure to tout this in your resume or interviews! I didn't get into programming until my senior year of high school and regretted I hadn't started earlier.

Back