What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

what do you guys do when plants get too tall?

i dont think humidity will be a problem, it stays about 90% but i still think the light might be too bright. i have a 4' 4 bulb about 12 inches away so shade it is , thank you!

Travis

the whole plant:
8981098367_b6f4f8761a.jpg
close up of the pitchers:
8981092743_054700e89d.jpg
Pic of a cutting:
8982273372_f4f1f1fce4.jpg

I got three cuttings out of it. Im a little worried that i cut them too short but you live and learn right?
If anyone is interested in an unrooted cutting lmk if not ill post a trade thread when and if they root

-Travis

Pics not working for me...

Nice, hope they all root for you if you keep them all :)

update! at least two of the three cuttings are pushing out new growth points! Im curious to see if they have any roots yet but i dont want to disturb them... Ill post pics tomorrow morning. Now that my first nep cuttings were successful im gonna have to chop everything up! muhahahaha

@maiden: i wouldn't consider it a beast its only about 12 inches total, including the pot, and the spacing between nodes is like an inch

??

This was just a nickname i give to your plant, regardless of the size.
Thanks for the picture. If this little plant outgrow your setup, i think you should upgrade your tiny terra/setup! LoL

Last edited:
its a 55 gallon terrarium tipped on its side, ive been trying to trade multiple plants for one plant to downsize the collection and tip the tank back upright. but in this case i now have three more neps to get rid of lol

they are N. 'Effulgent koto' there is a close up of one of the pitchers above

Well, now I have this problem too! Vine plants can be annoying sometimes if they grow quickly.

Back