What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poll: Touch Sensitive Flourescent Plants vs. Moving Aquatic Plant vs. .....

Which synthetic plant would you like to be made publicly available? Please order them from 1-4, 1 being your top choice. This would be a plant you would consider adding to you collection.

Touch Sensitive Fluorescent Plant - when you touch it, the plant will change to a flourescent color (aquatic/terrestrial)

Moving Aquatic Plant - can be remote controlled

Temperature Dependent Color Changing Plant

Luminescent plant

Your input will have some impact on what we decide. Feel free to PM me if you have any suggestions.

Last edited:
Touch Sensitive Fluorescent Plant
Temperature Dependent Color
Moving Aquatic Plant

I'm sorry, but the moving plant just doesn't appeal to me, even though it's remote controlled. If people can remotely control cockroaches, then why not plants?

pokie, turn off the pink Floyd and back away from the hookah hon....

:)

I answered via pm before I saw the thread, but....

Temperature Dependent Color
Moving Aquatic Plant

Av digs out his 1970's mood ring.... and ponders the universe

MOOD plant, order today... changes color when you touch it based on your mood, get one today at pokie22.com, order in the next five minutes....

Luminescent plant

Temperature Dependent Color Changing Plant

Interesting project.

burn them all! i vote none of the above

leave mah plants alone :poke:

pokie, turn off the pink Floyd and back away from the hookah hon....

:)

MOOD plant, order today... changes color when you touch it based on your mood, get one today at pokie22.com, order in the next five minutes....

Heh.

Luminescent plant -- Particularly a nep (in which only the inside of the pitcher luminensed) or a large growing Drosera assuming the emitted light was of an appropriate spectrum to draw Mosquitos to their doom.

Touch Sensitive

Temperature Dependent

Moving Aquatic -- Only if I had a moat and the plants were large enough and strong enough to act as a security system making them suitable for dealing with trespassers/invaders or a zombie apocalypse.

Touch sensitive luminescent (note my choice of wording; flourescing is a response to ultraviolet, it is not emitting it's own light)
mood plant

Well I can't say that I would want any of them because I would rather have real plants but if I had to come up with an order of which sounds the coolest:

1. Touch sensitive fluorescent plant
2. Temperature Dependent color changing plant
3. Luminescent plant
4. Moving aquatic plant (worried it would kill fish)

Last edited:
1.Luminescent plant
2.Touch Sensitive Fluorescent Plant
3. Moving aquatic plant
4.Temperature Dependent Color Changing Plant

What is this for again?

Back