Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Extension tube macro shots

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Extension tube macro shots

So,
    I got one of those cheap $10 tube sets for my camera. They are not the auto ones. I just learned the trick of using the dof butting to set my aperture so I'm getting the closer to the shots I'm looking for. It's kinda a pain but it works for now. I'll get some auto tubes later, but I like learning everything manually. You end up understanding functions better. Focusing is a pain though.

Anywho, here are a few of the photos I too. These are straight out of camera. Any advise or tips will be greatly appreciated! Let see if you can guess what the pics are!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice jcal,
    I think the 4th is my fav....

camera and lens?
    tripod or freehand?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Av8tor1 View Post
    Very nice jcal,
    I think the 4th is my fav....

camera and lens?
    tripod or freehand?
    Thanks good sir.
    Canon 60d
    1.8 50mm
    14mm tube

I shot them free handed. Should have used a tripod. The 4th I believe is filiformis!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ahhh 60D, sweet... I have its little brother the T3i
    1.8mm 50 is a killer lens, especially for the cost. The "nifty fifty"
    I have the canon 25mm tube,
    For the money a tube with that lens is a lot of bang for the buck and very versatile IMHO

I am no expert... but I loveeeeeeeee my laterial tripod and cable shutter release for macro

An orchid fancier with a CP problem chibae's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the tripod set up..some day . I have the pentax 50mm 1.4 mf and a set of three stacking ex-tubes 12, 20 and 36. the tubes are chipped for autofocus and metering. I was lucky to get them many years ago, when I was shooting film, as no one makes them anymore.
    This my minor using the 50mm and the 36mm ex-tube. It was taken free hand.
    @Jcal..I really like the first one. I would just crop out the distracting, to my eye, area at the bottom.

It's a tough life being a Sarracenia farmer
    My Grow List http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=123776

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Av8tor1 View Post
    ahhh 60D, sweet... I have its little brother the T3i
    1.8mm 50 is a killer lens, especially for the cost. The "nifty fifty"
    I have the canon 25mm tube,
    For the money a tube with that lens is a lot of bang for the buck and very versatile IMHO

I am no expert... but I loveeeeeeeee my laterial tripod and cable shutter release for macro
    Very nice setup av. I just got the nifty fifty a few weeks ago. all of my friends tried to talk me into the 1.4 or higher, but I didnt bite. for the price you get very sharp shots when your in the sweet spot. I do need a tripod badly. I'm sure helps greatly with the clarity. I am liking the tubes more and more each day. One day I will pull the trigger on a branded, auto tube set. I was playing around with my shutter release cable yesterday. That helps a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by chibae View Post
    I like the tripod set up..some day . I have the pentax 50mm 1.4 mf and a set of three stacking ex-tubes 12, 20 and 36. the tubes are chipped for autofocus and metering. I was lucky to get them many years ago, when I was shooting film, as no one makes them anymore.
    This my minor using the 50mm and the 36mm ex-tube. It was taken free hand.
    @Jcal..I really like the first one. I would just crop out the distracting, to my eye, area at the bottom.
    Thanks for the advise. I do need to polish those. I have them in lightroom but haven't made any adjustments yet.
    I love those windows in the minors. Very nice pic. Can see all of the leaf structure.