What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ugly Plants.........Post Your Abominations Here

Once in a while you end up with a plant with less than desirable characteristics. Once in a while you get a plant that is just plain horrible looking.

Here's my disaster of a plant, a N. spathulata x aristolochioides......these pitchers are not in cramped conditions, they just develop this way. Simply awful looking plant......

And it just keeps getting uglier !!!!!

Let's see your worst anomalies and aberrations.

I don't have any ugly crosses to share because I haven't been doing this long enough, but that second picture looks almost sad. The shape of the mouth just looks... like it just learned it was ugly. It made me laugh a bit. Now if only someone with better "art" skills could actually give it googly eyes.. :jester:

Actually didn't think the first two were that horrid, but that 3rd one? Reminded me of a bloated leech or other parasite.

I have no idea how this came about............

9161377747_3e898037dc.jpg

Ohhhh, lemme at it, I have some good ones. One in particular is t mine, and personally I think it looks cool. When I get home I'll post a picture. :mwahaha:

so im not really sure what im looking at :lol:

Pokie, looks like you tried to cross a tarantula with a drosera. :0o:

Should I place pictures of a backwards-facing trap and some hilariously weird pitchers?

...I think I will. Soon.

Oh, darn. I don't have a picture of the funky Nepenthes uploaded to Photobucket.

Well, here's muy own submission: N. 'Miranda' gone risque.

IMG_6932.jpg

IMG_6932.jpg

Your Miranda is trying to be a Rihanna
hair-1-rihanna.jpg

lol yes! weird looking plant.

Jon, Pablo........come on guys.....I know you have some ugly ducklings to contribute.

Oh, darn. I don't have a picture of the funky Nepenthes uploaded to Photobucket.

Well, here's muy own submission: N. 'Miranda' gone risque.

IMG_6932.jpg

Wow !! I wonder what causes this, is it simply a genetic accident or something to do with external factors ?

Here it is. the N hamata var snaggletooth.
it's an AW clone.
IMG_5237.jpg

the scarring on the leaf might be a clue to the cause. i suspect a pest of some sort. i've been neeming it so if it's a thrip i think it should have stopped by now. i'm guessing it's a fungus or virus.

Last edited:
Looks like he got all his teeth punched out...
Ouch.

I find dark Nepenthes hamata to not be as pleasing to the eye. Maybe I just don't like it when live pitchers look dead.

That plant looks attractive and ugly at the same time. It's like--how do I put this--a piece of modern art.

This Nepenthes macrophylla from AW is probably a xtrusmadiensis with mostly macrophylla influence - just enough lowii to badly distort adult pitchers:

1_zps59a44873.jpg

Last edited:
Back