What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Stanley Kubrick Exhibit at the LACMA

Not a Number

Hello, I must be going...
Staff member
Closing Sunday the Stanley Kubrick exhibit is slowly making its way around the world since 2004. I don't know what city it is going to be featured next. Don't miss it if it comes to your city. Featured were scripts (with notations by Kubrick), letters, drafts, production stills, test and continuity shots, his lense, props and models. All his feature films except "Fear and Desire" were shown in a separate venue.

IMGP5042.jpg

IMGP5044.jpg

IMGP5046copy.jpg

IMGP5067copy.jpg

IMGP5065.jpg

IMGP5074copy.jpg

IMGP5080.jpg

IMGP5083.jpg

IMGP5090copy.jpg

IMGP5110.jpg

IMGP5111.jpg

IMGP5118copy.jpg

IMGP5120copy.jpg

IMGP5125.jpg

IMGP5126.jpg

IMGP5150.jpg

IMGP5156.jpg

IMGP5160copy.jpg

IMGP5171.jpg

IMGP5172.jpg

discoverycopy.jpg

IMGP5174copy.jpg

IMGP5177.jpg

IMGP5182.jpg

IMGP5192.jpg

IMGP5210.jpg

IMGP5214copy.jpg

IMGP5215copy.jpg

IMGP5216copy.jpg

IMGP5217copy.jpg

IMGP5218copy.jpg

IMGP5219copy.jpg

I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for this.

Thanks Warren . . .

An exhibit on my single favorite filmmaker? I too will have to keep a watch for that.

"All work and no play . . ."

I'm sure a lot of you will scream at me for this, but...

I have no idea who Stanley Kubrick is.

I just don't watch many movies.

Redrum redrum!!

Thanks for letting us know. I'll keep my eyes peeled...

I'm sure a lot of you will scream at me for this, but...

I have no idea who Stanley Kubrick is.

I just don't watch many movies.

One of the greatest directors of modern times (the greatest according to some). He's famous for his insanely detailed and layered movies, also a master craftsman about technical stuff like lights, colors etc.
You must have heard of A Clockwork Orange, The Shining and his very last Eyes Wide Shut feat. the annoying Tom Cruise and his then-wife Nicole. Those are all his. Check out all his movies, each one is worth it really.

Thanks NaN, awesome thread. I didn't know there was an exhibition going around.

The past tour schedule can be found on the official website, but not the upcoming schedule. Included are photos of the different presentations. It is interesting to see how each venue designs and lays out their displays. There is much information about the Stanley Kubrick Project and the exhibit on the same site. Much of what is available is due to Kubrick's wife Christiane. She played the German girl singing to the French soldiers in the very moving ending scene in "Paths of Glory". One of the advantages of living in Los Angeles are the frequent revivals of films and being able to see them as they are meant to be on the Silver Screen with a large audience. I always try to catch "2001" when it is shown at the Cinerama Dome on the curved Cinerama screen.

http://www.stanleykubrick.de/eng.php?img=img-l-6&kubrick=news-eng

Back