Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: incspir's photo thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

incspir's photo thread

Photos of my grow shelf so far---a special thanks the generous TF members who are helping me get going!

Plants are under a 4 x 2ft T5 setup, with ultrasonic humidifier and small fan for humidity and circulation. Supplementary LEDs on the way.

N. ventricosa x northiana, the very first CP I started growing here...bought it for a couple bucks on Amazon.

Showing off its shapely ventricosa parentage...

Started coffee about a month ago...looks like the newest leaf is liking it.

Its newest tendril is the first to have decided to nestle itself into the Sphagnum...and I'm wondering if the moisture might be doing something bad?

N. Ventrata vine cutting (thanks, Greg!) waiting to grow roots

P. Sethos with babies, also from Greg...

N. Ventricosa babies got in a trade a few days ago. Most are a pale green color...is that normal?

Aloe Polyphylla seedlings I germinated over the winter...they are slow growers so far, but really beautiful once they are mature.

S. Oreophila and S. flava ssp. flava I received as a gift from generous TFers... (oreos on the left, flava on the right, rubra ssp. rubra in the background)

S. oreophila

Vanilla Planifolia once more starting its climb upwards. It, er, came with the girly pink clip thing. Not my addition.

New growth point on vanilla cutting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    looks like the start of a great collection

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking good man!! I'm glad I could start you off! Let me know how they all do.
    Too weird to live, too rare to die.

The Most Uncreative Name in the History of Ever Plant Planter's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice plants! I'm loving your Nepenthes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Swamp by the lake

Was recently up in NH for a few weeks vacation; went back to a swamp I found last year to snap some pics of the flora and fauna...and the Sarracenia Purpurea I chanced upon!

Swamp

Some very happy Sphagnum making spores

A boardwalk I found through a very wet part of the swamp

Not very frequented??

Almost had a heart attack when I saw these guys... If anybody from the NASC is interested in recording this particular site, please let me know.

Not a whole lot of pigmentation in the traps, but flower was red, so not heterophylla. A lot of the stalks were missing flowers... :/

On my way back I found some Monotropa Uniflora (aka. ghost plant or Indian pipe), a plant--not a fungus!--that grows and flowers without the aid of photosynthesis. Very rich woods with lots of interesting fungi...

As I crouched down to take a picture of the Monotropa out of the corner of my eye I saw this little guy, who held perfectly still while I stuck my camera right into his face!

So while I was gone all my plants survived (phew!) though I must admit I couldn't forbear taking some with me.
    My ventrata cutting is nicely rooting...

and for some reason both my S. flava and one of my S. Oreophilas grew puckered pitchers: