6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    get your 10/22 Katie?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I need to go to the DMV first. Moving sucks, and I didn't think that having the old addy on the driver's license card mattered, until I learned it matters to the FFL. Oooops. I'm going to see if I can do it online. After that, I have nearly half the dough, and am working a bunch of overtime to get the rest.
    If you shake a rain stick, you get rain. I need a hamata stick.
    My WWWs

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wait, so once you clean the firearm and apply Eezox and let it dry... How often do you need to reapply?? Right now I wipe my gun down with some type of oil every night when I start taking stuff off. That whole page only mentions " a quick bore cleaning and wipe down after each time you fire will suffice." But what about daily use? What do I need to do at the end of each day/week/month? Man, if I could drop the wipe down every night thing, that would be fantastic! haha FAQ doesn't answer this either.

Sounds very promising! I have a box full of products from trying to stop this thing from rusting with the last slide... I sure as heck will add another. :-)
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've heard good things about Break Free. But I haven't used it long enough, or anything else for that matter, to have much of my own opinion yet.
    If you shake a rain stick, you get rain. I need a hamata stick.
    My WWWs

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Break free is in my box. LOL and Barricade, one shot, Ballistol, Amsoild MP, Hoppes something, and a few other things. hahahaha
    -Andrew

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adnedarn View Post
    Wait, so once you clean the firearm and apply Eezox and let it dry... How often do you need to reapply?? Right now I wipe my gun down with some type of oil every night when I start taking stuff off. That whole page only mentions " a quick bore cleaning and wipe down after each time you fire will suffice." But what about daily use? What do I need to do at the end of each day/week/month? Man, if I could drop the wipe down every night thing, that would be fantastic! haha FAQ doesn't answer this either.

Sounds very promising! I have a box full of products from trying to stop this thing from rusting with the last slide... I sure as heck will add another. :-)
    Andrew,

Here is a LCP based thread about it, and there is a youtube video about it and LCP's
    http://rugerforum.net/maintenance/20058-eezox.html

I just apply it when it occurs to me or after taking my LCP to the range... Mine is my CCW as well, but corrosion has never been a problem with mine.
    I cant say for sure its the Eezox or maybe a combination of factors at play, but.... I have to assume the Eezox is doing its job.

How often you would need to apply would depend on many factors I guess.
    But it really is great corrosion protection and is recommended by some very respected gunsmiths I know.

I definitely prefer dry lubricants for CCW use...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Read that whole thing and still didn't see a mention of how often to reapply, in a normal safe situation or CCW one. I watched a LCP video last night after you mentioned this stuff and he showed how he applies it and blah blah... I submitted a comment to him about how often to re-apply also. :-p

Hopefully mine was truly a case of the gun didn't have a great bluing. The only other thing I wondered if it helped cause the issue was my leather case. I just ordered a hybrid holster (leather backing kydex gun holder) a couple evenings ago. http://www.shtfgear.com/Holster-by-M...product_id=226 But I guess this stuff is dry anyway so you don't have to worry about the leather holster eating up the oil and leaving the gun unprotected either.

I'm very excited to give a dry lubricant a shot. I know after each day my gun has captured quite a bit of stuff on the parts that still manage to have a layer of oil on them.
    Thanks man
    -Andrew

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my sexy Springfield XDM .45 compact

gonna get some night sights, recoil kit, trigger kit, extra mags and maybe a crimson trace. But prob will not need the laser; depends on the night sights bc this thing is accurate.

and with extended mag (13 rounds of .45 acp with a very comfy grip; love the capacity):

Last edited by adnedarn; 10-10-2013 at 09:33 PM.