Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: Anything that goes BANG!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is very much like what I am looking for. I am trying to learn precision shooting. Heh. Trying. What I have right now is just the notebook, and I try to write in my shots. It's not going so well, especially when I try to log a 6 and keep writing 9. Derp. Anyways, I was looking for something I saw once that had a place to indicate the weather, what ammo you used, and even a little target to dot in each shot, and a generous notes section. I think I'll be needing something a little more advanced when I start shooting the .22; the teeny little bullets are so much mroe sensitive to variables.

Heck, even the notebook, clumsy as it is, already pointed out a trend that I need to look into. But that's a story for later.
    If you shake a rain stick, you get rain. I need a hamata stick.
    My WWWs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I *ever* thought that my little carbine was a "big gun," I just saw something. Here are two EMPTY, fired brass cases. One from the carbine, and one from a .50 cal. Note teh .50 cal's primer, versus the whole carbine case.

My WWWs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to take a ride on a 50 sometime, but there are even bigger sticks....

I will pass on that....

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Range back open...

Took an item of history, my 1934 Mosin-Nagant M91/30 7.62x54R
    It was shooting way low, but functioned perfectly....
    The ammo was given to me and I was warned that it was pretty bad quality surplus.
    owie, my shoulder is bruised LOL

(serial number digitally removed)

The rifle that won the Battle of Stalingrad, and likely WWII

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mind giving me what markings are on that gun? or even just good pics? dont care bout the serial number you can block that out if yah want but curious of the pedigree of that gun....dont know why but for some reason i like Mosin Nagants.....they are real clunky compared to the 95-98 mausers and just terrible compared to the Greek Mannlicher-Schoenauer ive got but i still like them....
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just acquired a stock from a Mosin Nagant. The owner couldn't get out the cosmoline, and gave up. I was going to fit a pine dummy to it, and make a teaching prop.

The carbine has had some work done to it. Remember, it's been modified some time in the past, and is valueless, so I can pretty much have a blast without remorse. I had the stock refinished. It came out much shiner than I wanted, but somehow, it works!

My WWWs

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    some shade tree methods to remove cosmoline are stick it in the oven at 200f (if it will fit) and then wipe it off as it bleeds out
    or wrap it in paper towels then dark garbage bag and leave in sun or trunk of car during summer for a week or two or three lol

more aggressive methods include common oven cleaner/aerosol automotive brake parts cleaner or naphtha

Katie, you might want to price that mosin stock on ebay or gunbroker.com, might be a little change in the pocket depending on what you have....
    if its a Finn with cartouche marks, or even a regular Mosin stock it can be worth a little if its in good shape.... if its a Finn don't remove any of the old finish or touch it with sandpaper.

http://7.62x54r.net/MosinID/MosinIDII.htm

000 or 0000 steel wool will knock that shine off your stock if you want, looks pretty nice kid

Rattler, sure.... ill snag some pics for ya this weekend... its a stamped, matching (not forced) refurbed Izhevsk
    Last edited by Av8tor1; 10-23-2013 at 07:41 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here ya go Rattler,
    Nothing really special collector wise, but a decent historical shooter

The date on the lower tang of the receiver is either 1926 or 1929, I don't remember which.