What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anything that goes BANG!

I know that this is a gun thread, but what goes better with guns than sharp pointy things? I got a couple new ones in the mail, and would love to show them off.

I'm a huge sucker for Damascus....

...and titanium plated.

the top one, that German silver on the handles? looks like it......my wife also loves knives with the titanium finish like the second...

after years of borrowing my FIL's shotguns cause he hadnt bird hunted in years anyway i finally got my own, picked up a used but hardly fired Benelli Nova for about $300.....not a fine upland gun by any means but a heck of a workhorse, ive seen what a friend of mine on the east coast has done to one hunting sea ducks....i do not think it is possible to kill one even through severe neglect....now i just need to find a drilling for my upland hunting and im set....

the wife has named "The Stress Reducer" :-O

Air rifles are cool too. (to me at least) here's my collection. this pic is a bit outdated. I got rid of the two on the far right and replaced them each with a new different gun. I have done lots of experimenting with these things and now im designing my own modern version of an old classic (the one on the far left, It's my favorite)

I'm already regretting giving away my Daisy air rifle. Instead, I might get a 22lr of some sort.

Nice stash, Millipede. Rattler, I'm still thinking of getting one, before they're banned here.

my wife loves them.....the adjustable stock means she can make it fit her perfectly since most rifles are built for guys like me not frames like hers....plus they are like a set of legos for an adult, ANYONE that wants to can tinker with them and swap stuff out.....for bout $140 worth of tools and a vise you can build one from the ground up with no special training......

daisy's are for babies! Get a benjamin 392 :D

Rattler, how did I miss your top reply? I really don't think that's silver of any sort, I bough the thing for only $30. :awesome: It still looks nice, whatever it's made of.

Millipede, I'm happy with any suggestions. I'll take a look, see what I can find. I'd prefer 22 over air, to be honest, but I had the Daisy, at least. Well, no use looking back--- Forward we go! Lets see what I can find.

sorry, i forget "german silver" isnt a term used much anymore....it would be a copper alloy with nickel and zinc.....its a metal used for decoration....its also called nickel silver, electrum, argentan ect.....back in the day it was used alot in knife hilts and bolsters, the bolsters of your knife look alot like german silver and since i hadnt seen a new knife with it in a long time it caught my eye....

Ha! OK, yeah, that's probably it. I learned something new today. :awesome:

I have a break barrel silenced .22 pelet Stoger air riffle. Back yard fun! :)
Gun info: http://usa.stoegerairguns.com/video/index.php?v=4fb189683dc348de953d8bc295b060e5

My gun:
2013-01-07_16-34-58_234_001.jpg

Mmmmm... Nice lines on that one.

But why even bother silencing an air rifle? All you get is *pppffffttt!* anyways. :p

Sure they are not as loud as a gun powder firearm... but they can still be noisy, especially the higher power ones. For the amount of power this has, it's noise output is pretty impressive... Also, a silenced pellet gun is the cheapest silenced gun you can get since a real silencer requires special permits and lots of fees. :p Check out the video on the page linked above for a sample of it shooting.
Andrew

I am impressed. It sounds pretty expensive.

alot of modern air rifles kick pellets out above the speed of sound...some that dont are still flirting close enough to the line that even if the pellet isnt quite going the speed of sound the air behind the pellet may barely break it apon leaving the barrel......

really want to get a can for my centerfires, i am about half deaf from shooting without protection in the past.....this is one area of firearms where countries like England are ahead of us....maybe after i get a 300 Blackout upper put together for the AR ill jump through the hoops and pay the tax to get one.....one made for the 300 will also work ok for my 223 and 260 and other 308 cal and under bores.....atleast make it so i can plink without hearing protection...

This is why I'm very fond of my foam ear plugs. They're actually quite comfortable. I spent those six years at the machine shop wearing them, so they're just like socks to me, easily ignored once I put them on.

unfortunately now combine those with being half deaf and you cant hold a conversation while they are in.....ive got some electronic ear muffs but while great for pistol shooting get in the way with shooting some rifles

Exactly why I don't wear muffs. Mainly because that's all I have, I'm a predominantly rifle shooter. Sorry to hear that you can't any more. :(

A video I made back when I first got it.. Just now edited and upload for my friends here. :p

Andrew

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/HNeA67iEaAc?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

a real silencer requires special permits and lots of fees. :p

amen to that! I just hope my tax stamp is ready in time for deer season so I can take the blackout with me
CAM00057.jpg

Back