What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sand help asaap

IDK but something about paving sand tells me it probably won't work... From the picture I looked at, the grains are much to small. Why not pool filter sand? It is just $10 for a 50lb bag...

What does the bag say? I have used 'play sand' and 'all purpose sand' from Home Depot. But there's no additives and I rinsed the sand first. I haven't noticed any problems.

Same with jimscott here. I've used a variety of play sands and such from home improvement stores depending on what they have available. I always rinse.

I say as long as it's, for the most part, inert (ie. silica sand) it will be fine. Some smaller grains do tend to make soils a bit more inclined to stick together but never seen any root problems as a result, so far.

look at my link?

can you look at my link? have you used the same one>?

The link is just a jpeg, can't see the fine print on the bag. Is there any information about the type of sand (silica?) or grain size or anything more specific? My guess is that since it's "all purpose" that there's really no specifications and it may vary bag to bag, but worth a shot...

I've never used that one in particular, no.

dont need help anymore thanks

I'll never know!! Checked online and got this

"SHIPPING OPTIONS Store Exclusive. This item is available for purchase in select stores only.
" :>{

Back